PDA

View Full Version : VIC Tests - abolished

joff-turbo-nova
06-11-15, 11:08 PM
All,

Just to let you know you no longer have to have a VIC test if you put a cat C salvage car back on the road as of 26th October 2015

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fraud-check-cut-set-to-save-motorists-money

Upon purchase (if you don't already own the car) you can now immediately apply for the V5 log book (and SORN where appropriate) and all that is required to put the car back on the road is an MOT .

Once MOT'ed you can apply for the VED (tax disc as was) . Obviously you also need insurance as soon as the car is on the public highway.

Save's me a job with the wife's Meriva - just need to get it back from the sprayshop when they eventually get their finger out !

Joff

Balley
06-11-15, 11:10 PM
That's handy to know. Thanks

L14MNP
07-11-15, 12:49 AM
Fuck me. How far behind the times is this place? lol

totalnova
07-11-15, 12:58 AM
We're all stuck in the late 80's early 90's hence our love for the Nova :)

wwmnw
07-11-15, 12:14 PM
Fuck me. How far behind the times is this place? lol

Almost as backwards as Houghton le spring :p

millworm
08-11-15, 01:41 AM
Good, they're a waste of time and money, and always a waiting list unless you drive across the country to get it done. Had to do my sierra when I bought it witch ment I was 2 weeks without a motor after I'd crashed my first nova

joff-turbo-nova
08-11-15, 08:56 AM
Good, they're a waste of time and money, and always a waiting list unless you drive across the country to get it done. Had to do my sierra when I bought it witch ment I was 2 weeks without a motor after I'd crashed my first nova

In the 10 years the VIC scheme was running (which was meant to find ringed cars) they did nearly a million checks and found 40 suspect cars.

Complete waste of time - it cost more to run the scheme than the fees charged.

Joff

L14MNP
08-11-15, 09:37 AM
Almost as backwards as Houghton le spring :p

I'll bite your fuckin nose off man lol

lee coley
08-11-15, 06:17 PM
"not proof of identity" written on the paper work makes me laugh..

joff-turbo-nova
08-11-15, 09:36 PM
"not proof of identity" written on the paper work makes me laugh..

Yeah makes me chuckle everytime I see a V5 - "THIS DOCUMENT IS NOT PROOF OF OWNERSHIP" - well who else would want responsibility to tax and insure it then ffs !!

Joff

dgbnova#1
09-11-15, 12:16 AM
Just a big scam then really and the vic testers were useless anyway

millworm
09-11-15, 12:47 AM
Probably part of them shuting down vosa sites as I know they're moving hgv testing to private bussiness' with a vosa official operating out of the site.