PDA

View Full Version : Best suspension

ledpen
06-11-15, 04:37 PM
What is the best suspension for vauxhall nova c20xe for comfort? The car will be on used as a Sunday driver.

Will F
06-11-15, 10:25 PM
Nova, c20xe and 'comfort' can never ever be used in the same sentence.

but the most bearable is something with eibach springs at the right poundage

or decent budget coilovers - avo or Gaz- with a slightly lower poundage spring rate

meritlover
06-11-15, 10:47 PM
Nova, c20xe and 'comfort' can never ever be used in the same sentence.

but the most bearable is something with eibach springs at the right poundage

or decent budget coilovers - avo or Gaz- with a slightly lower poundage spring rate

Are these suitable for Sundays?

Will F
07-11-15, 10:06 PM
Are these suitable for Sundays?

Im afraid they're not, no.

BRoadGhost
08-11-15, 10:01 PM
What about Tuesdays?

ledpen
09-11-15, 07:46 AM
What about Tuesdays?
Not really interested in Tuesdays sorry only Sundays

Benn
09-11-15, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't call Avo or Gaz (Gaz more so) budget. FK and Jov are budget (and shite)

What kinda thing do you use the car for? What kinda ride do you want? Do you want adjusted?

ledpen
09-11-15, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't call Avo or Gaz (Gaz more so) budget. FK and Jov are budget (and shite)

What kinda thing do you use the car for? What kinda ride do you want? Do you want adjusted?
I don't need it to preform like a race car, I can go for coilovers but imagine they are gonna kill any comfort, was wondering was there some kind of uprated standard suspension available to cope with a heavier engine

Edd
09-11-15, 04:32 PM
The best non coilover suspension set up is yellow big piston Bilstein shocks with springs rated to what engine you fit

Benn
09-11-15, 05:25 PM
I don't need it to preform like a race car, I can go for coilovers but imagine they are gonna kill any comfort, was wondering was there some kind of uprated standard suspension available to cope with a heavier engine

Anything is an upgrade really. But if you just wanted a more uprated ride like them above. Or something with Eibach springs, as they made uprated but not crazy spec.

BRoadGhost
09-11-15, 10:25 PM
All you need is a coilover with the longest spring for required ride height. Oh that and a spring rate low enough to give comfort but never fully compress!

...Now you get an idea the value of development.