PDA

View Full Version : Tank capacity

ShawnAzzopardi
28-10-15, 06:56 AM
What's the tank capacity for a Nova? Anyone know?

Jack
28-10-15, 12:11 PM
42l iirc

NovalutionGSi
28-10-15, 12:38 PM
Was going to say around the 40ltr mark.

BRoadGhost
28-10-15, 10:30 PM
You don't really want anything smaller imo

Flairing Nova
29-10-15, 03:10 PM
Is this standard size?

BRoadGhost
29-10-15, 08:12 PM
Yeah sounds about right

ShawnAzzopardi
31-10-15, 05:03 AM
Thanks for your input. Wasn't really implying wanting a smaller tank, just wanted to see how much injector clean I needed to get haha.

ShawnAzzopardi
31-10-15, 05:05 PM
On an unrelated subject, what heatplugs do you recommend for an Isuzu 1.7L TD? I think mine could use an "upgrade"

TOZNOVA81
31-10-15, 06:15 PM
I've always used NGK's in mine, not fussed on the Bosch or Beru's

ShawnAzzopardi
31-10-15, 06:56 PM
I've always used NGK's in mine, not fussed on the Bosch or Beru's
I was thinking NGK's. Are they a specific code or are they all the same?

Also, how much are they around in price please?

'cause in cold weather, I gotta turn the key three times and use the heaters three times before it starts well, and it still shudders a bit.

TOZNOVA81
31-10-15, 10:35 PM
I was thinking NGK's. Are they a specific code or are they all the same?

Also, how much are they around in price please?

'cause in cold weather, I gotta turn the key three times and use the heaters three times before it starts well, and it still shudders a bit.

Your local motor factors will be able to supply you with the correct NGK ones mate, I think mine were about £11 or £12 each iirc.

Ye same mate, 3 times! I had some shitty Beru's in mine and it took 3 glows in cold weather now with the NGK's I dont even have to wait for the glow light to go out.

These engines are notorious for misfiring when started cold till you tickle the throttle a wee bit ;P

ShawnAzzopardi
01-11-15, 03:22 AM
Your local motor factors will be able to supply you with the correct NGK ones mate, I think mine were about £11 or £12 each iirc.

Ye same mate, 3 times! I had some shitty Beru's in mine and it took 3 glows in cold weather now with the NGK's I dont even have to wait for the glow light to go out.

These engines are notorious for misfiring when started cold till you tickle the throttle a wee bit ;P
Still rattles for me. I'll just get new glow plugs. Don't have a part number by any chance, do you? Tried looking on the NGK website, but the only options for the Isuzu Gemini are all petrol engines, no 1.7TD

mowgli
01-11-15, 11:27 AM
Have you tested the ones you already have to see if they are working?... its an easy test... take the metal strip off them and with the ign off, simply do a multimeter resistance check between the top of the plug and the head. Any that show a reading are fine, any that show massive restance are dead. One dead glow plug will give the symptoms you have.

ShawnAzzopardi
01-11-15, 02:02 PM
Have you tested the ones you already have to see if they are working?... its an easy test... take the metal strip off them and with the ign off, simply do a multimeter resistance check between the top of the plug and the head. Any that show a reading are fine, any that show massive restance are dead. One dead glow plug will give the symptoms you have.
It struggles to start on a blistering hot day, let alone on a cold one. I'll just switch them out. Doubt they've ever been changed, judging by the amount of crud all over them.

mowgli
01-11-15, 03:20 PM
You are trying to get intake air red hot... the temperature on a hot day won't make any odds.

ShawnAzzopardi
01-11-15, 03:37 PM
You are trying to get intake air red hot... the temperature on a hot day won't make any odds.
Like, it'll still shudder when I start it, until the engine settles. But I did a multimeter test, one of them is completely bust. Nothing read.

I'll buy all 4 new ones, pointless to replace one at a time.

Anyone have a part number?