PDA

View Full Version : Brake disc mounting face thickness?

Al1exx
27-10-15, 12:35 PM
I've changed the coilovers on my Nova as one had failed and both top mounts were knocking but the ones I got were universal for a Nova, Corsa B and Tigra. They fit ok and the car drives ok but the tyres rub ever so slightly on the spring, it's barely touching but I can't adjust it out.
I'm thinking about some 3mm spacers but I'm about to fit a set of 2.0L brakes and had a thought - is the mounting face thickness on the disc for a 2L thicker than the discs for a 1L Nova? I know the actual friction area is thicker but is the face itself any different? A mm or 2 would probably do it...
Does anyone know?

Benn
27-10-15, 05:21 PM
Yes, as they will be vented, so will be thicker.

But do the coilovers use a helper spring? As they is normally the cause of the tyre touching.

Iain
28-10-15, 11:25 AM
Benn he's talking about the wheel mounting face not the venting.

There's a good chance it may be a few mm thicker so could do what you require.

Al1exx
02-11-15, 04:32 PM
Thanks for your replies :thumb:
I got them mounted and I *think* they were perhaps, a mm thicker so JUST managed to pull the wheel off the tyre - BONUS!!
Had coilovers before but the problem is these ones were slightly 'thicker' so caused some issues. Benn they were rubbing on the coil spring perch (wheel) and the spring itself (tyre) but managed to dial nearly all of it out bar the tyre with some adjustment.
I might still get very small spacers to allow me some negative camber but for now, it's all good!! :thumb: