PDA

View Full Version : What's your next vaux to own?

torquey
25-10-15, 09:36 PM
As above what vaux is on your list to buy next. I've always wanted a mk1 astra gte but finding one is hard. Also wouldn't mind a mk2 cav sri. :)

totalnova
25-10-15, 09:46 PM
The only other Vauxhalls I'd like to own are like you a mk1 Astra and a Monaro vxr not much of the newer stuff does anything for me. When it comes to vauxhalls the older stuff is definitely better in my opinion.

torquey
25-10-15, 09:54 PM
Yeh have to agree Iam old school all the way. Just trying to find them now lol.

sport
25-10-15, 09:58 PM
Nova.....

Scottcooper85
25-10-15, 10:00 PM
Ive always wanted a mint mk3 Astra gsi...not sure why lol

torquey
25-10-15, 10:04 PM
Do like a astra gsi mk3 look sweet on cav turbo alloys.

Mike
25-10-15, 10:10 PM
None.

Edd
25-10-15, 10:15 PM
None.

well why bother replying then?

Mike
25-10-15, 10:18 PM
well why bother replying then?

He asked a qeustion on a public forum did he not? Ergo, ANY member is entitled to a reply & also express an opinion. So take your fan boy head, out of your shit caked ass, and accept it Edd.

Nobby
25-10-15, 10:33 PM
Fiiiiiiiigggghhhhhhhtttt....pussys

millworm
26-10-15, 12:00 AM
Asconda a or b

novadave24
26-10-15, 12:05 AM
would like a astra vxr or a nova :)

turbojolt
26-10-15, 07:44 AM
Classic shapped cresta with a ls1 engine big fat slicks and nitrous injected unicorn sperm

NovalutionGSi
26-10-15, 12:34 PM
I'd be looking at another Derv Astra H SRi for my Daily. just a bit newer than my 56 plater. Although as I have the Nova, the next car doesn't have to be Vauxhall.

Edd
26-10-15, 01:15 PM
He asked a qeustion on a public forum did he not? Ergo, ANY member is entitled to a reply & also express an opinion. So take your fan boy head, out of your shit caked ass, and accept it Edd.

lol lol lol

You are funny

Andy
26-10-15, 01:16 PM

Hahahahahaha classic lol havent heard fanboy for years lol

Rob H
26-10-15, 01:42 PM
Nova let is the only vauxhall I've ever owned and the only 1 I ever will. A nova with a let in ph2 or higher state of tune has got to be 1 of the most fun hatchbacks of all time bar the pulsar. Thats coming from a massive jap sports car 'fanboy' lol. I'd actually go as far as saying my nova is more fun than my fd, purely down to the fact people can't quite believe a nova has just left their 50/60k m series for dead lol :)

raf24
26-10-15, 02:53 PM
Wouldn't touch a newer vauxhall as most of them are made with fiat bits and therefore shit,vauxhall have got gradually worse since around 1995 so anything before then is generally ok.

pottersrebel
26-10-15, 09:31 PM
apart from the stockcar i race ill be sticking with my fiesta st for a few yrs

bazzap8389
26-10-15, 10:05 PM
Not really a fan of most of the modern vauxhall cars. I like the noise of the astra vxr but wouldn't mind a monaro vxr.

NathanKirkpatrick
26-10-15, 10:39 PM
Really want an astra VXR but the wife (to be) is saying no cause it's not family friendly lol. She then said I can have vectra VXR..

Anyone got a helping hand for me lol...

bazzap8389
26-10-15, 11:12 PM
A guy at my work has a vectra vxr it goes pretty well tbh but he's had nothing but problems with it.

sport
27-10-15, 11:16 AM
Really want an astra VXR but the wife (to be) is saying no cause it's not family friendly lol. She then said I can have vectra VXR..

Anyone got a helping hand for me lol...

I have a Vectra VXR estate in ardent blue I would sell.

NovalutionGSi
27-10-15, 01:01 PM
Wouldn't touch a newer vauxhall as most of them are made with fiat bits and therefore shit,vauxhall have got gradually worse since around 1995 so anything before then is generally ok.

Think that can be said for any car newer than 2000!

My Astra has had the usual for a H, M32 Choccy choccy Gearbox, DMF, Alternator, Drop links on the front and the Swirl flaps to be done in the spring, its probably cost me £2.5-3k in parts in under 3 years.
just to put it into context, the other half has a MG ZR, so we all know the jokes/truths about MGR, in what is coming up for 9 years of ownership and over 100K (128k on the clock), it has failed its MOT once in our ownership, had the head gasket replaced and a new Radiator, totalling less then £600 in parts! granted, the Sunroof leaks, the central locking no longer works due to an electrical fault but its been a really good car when you compare it to all of my Vauxhalls (Nova GSi, Corsa Sport, Astra SRi and the Sting!).

Think if you find a good car, you try to keep hold of it.

Andy
27-10-15, 01:16 PM
My astra cdti 1.3 has been a good car.iv had it 5 years now,did the dmf and clutch when i got it (parts were free under warranty) and other than general wear and tear like tyres/discs pads etc its been fine.
All depends how ya drive them and how often theyre serviced imo.

Jack
27-10-15, 01:28 PM
I might consider a Vec C, maybe Astra or Omega as a runabout if/when Hayley wants kids, as she can be at home with the Avensis and I can take something else to work. Thats only if a) I could find one cheap with 12 months MOT that I could run for a year then scrap when finished and b) something more reliable worth keeping/selling on wasn't available like another avensis or something

Benn
27-10-15, 05:20 PM
I fancy a Corsa VXR.

NathanKirkpatrick
27-10-15, 09:04 PM
I have a Vectra VXR estate in ardent blue I would sell.

Saving for a wedding at the min but tah for the offer lol

Mike
27-10-15, 10:19 PM
Hahahahahaha classic lol havent heard fanboy for years lol

Yes well, thats my honest answer. Wouldnt own another one.

The milage I do, and just the amount of hours i spend travelling in a car is unreal! So the silly things get on my tits...

Every vauxhall Ive ever owned (4 or 5 Novas, 3 Corsa B, 1 Cav, 1 Astra Mk3, 1 Astra Mk5, 2 Corsa C) Ive noticed the following*;

Door handles way to big and clunky
Doors are so wafer thin they sound like they fall off if shut to hard
Boots slam down to hard as the lifter struts are shit
Standard audio is dire
interior is cheap an tacky
roadnoise is shocking
Final drives are utter shit in 5 speeds
There rubbish on fuel (petrol models)
Handbrakes are dire
Steering wooly as funk
Price vs spec on more modern models makes equiv ford a no brainer for same monies

*based on a standard unmodified car

Theres plenty more but you get the jist. Yea ok, I drive a 2.0 VAG now, but you know what, its cheaper to get it serviced at an Audi main dealer then get a Corsa C serviced at a Vaux main dealer.

raf24
27-10-15, 10:41 PM
VAG all the way for me as well,I've had various skodas and vw's over the past seven years and yes they come with there own little niggles too but they feel solid and well screwed together,parts are reasonably cheap should you need them but I've never had much of an outlay on any of them to get fixed and they've racked up some crazy miles in the time I've owned them..my fabia vrs did 75,000 miles over three years and never missed a beat.

Stuart
27-10-15, 10:42 PM
Vauxhall have, and always will be the 'Sanyo' of the automotive world :( everyone else has moved on with tech/quality etc but they haven't.
the only edge they are bringing now its the onstar system which has been in the USA for atleast 5 years, if not longer...

Also, nothing wrong with fiat bits, I'm amazed how cheap ours has been to run, some tyres, brake pads and suspension top mounts. Happy days, dirt cheap to do.

id like a corsa b with a 1.6 16v engine to fiddle with.

steve1434
27-10-15, 10:45 PM
I've had a GTC SRi 165 for 7 months now, not missed a beat in the 13,500 miles I have covered. Getting over 650 miles a tank (mainly motorway) stereo sounds very good, road noise is not too bad now that I swapped the 19s to 18s but stereo compensates. Good options in the sri spec also. I picked it due to much better price on lease compared to similar cars but am very happy with it :)

Mike
27-10-15, 10:51 PM
I've had a GTC SRi 165 for 7 months now, not missed a beat in the 13,500 miles I have covered. Getting over 650 miles a tank (mainly motorway) stereo sounds very good, road noise is not too bad now that I swapped the 19s to 18s but stereo compensates. Good options in the sri spec also. I picked it due to much better price on lease compared to similar cars but am very happy with it :)

I drove a brand new, 300 mile on clock, Astra SRi from Prodrive in Milton Keynes down to Mclaren in Woking.... it was horrendously slow & used three qaurter tank of fuel.

For just chucking around an not giving zero funks, Corsa 1.6 16v would be loads of fun! OnStar is awesome lol, if its in a car thatll pull enough G from a standing start, itll call emergency services thinking youve been in a crash ;)

steve1434
28-10-15, 12:20 AM
Mike, was it the 2.0 diesel turbo? Mine seems plenty fast enough and quicker than my old a3 2.0tdi...

NovalutionGSi
28-10-15, 12:50 PM
But Again, with OnStar, Vauxhall are only playing catch up with BMW who have had a similar system for around 5 years in the UK already.

Royston
30-10-15, 06:48 AM
I seem to have migrated to Saab's......................

steg1970
30-10-15, 07:27 AM
I have had many Novas over the years and have competed in one for the last 12 years. I last ran a Nova as a road car in 1997 and since then both me and my wife have changed our cars several times and I can say that when looking for a new car, Vauxhall have never even been considered, I don't have an explanation for this other than there was nothing in the range that looked interesting enough to try. My wife is currently looking to change and again Vauxhall has been ruled out at an early stage, although we did get a brochure this time.

When asked why I rally a Nova (and not a Corsa) I joking say Vauxhall haven't made a good car since 1992, but as i've only ever drives pre 1992 I couldn't possibly know.

Mike
30-10-15, 06:16 PM
Mike, was it the 2.0 diesel turbo? Mine seems plenty fast enough and quicker than my old a3 2.0tdi...

Was a Prodrive pool car, God knows what it was lol had 5 doors an was a boring drive I remember that much.

simonm
30-10-15, 09:08 PM
Mine will prob be a Astra vxr to upgrade from my gsi at the minute not for another while tho. And for the family car changing from a vectra cdti to a 530d. Have had vectras for the last 7 years and can't fault them. Nova is sitting waiting for some TLC but won't be changing that lol. It's my first car and still have it 15 years later

EwanG
30-10-15, 11:21 PM
Old skool Vauxhall engines are reliable but body's and chassis rust. New Vauxhall engines have problems but bodys/chassis are not too bad. I think I will stick with my golf I have now had for 7.5 years with just needing brakes an tyres! German ftw and will buy another vw if not it will be a merc. A high or low budget u can still go German reliability.

ShawnAzzopardi
31-10-15, 05:04 AM
MK3 Astra probably. Same engine as my Nova (1.7L TD) and I'll be set, really. I'll miss not having power steering though.

ASH GSI
31-10-15, 07:34 PM
I fancy an astra mk5 1.9 sri to replace my current run around shed astra mk4 2.0 sri, they need to come down to shed money first though.