PDA

View Full Version : C20XE Omex Rev limiter and Launch Control

ABoresta
21-10-15, 09:00 AM
So i bought myself an Omex rev limiter and Launch control

I temporarily fitted it last night (pictures to come) as i haven't decided what steering wheel i want still...

Quickly set it up to give it a try before the neighbours got annoyed haha

So set the launch control at 3500 rpm i believe (does the launch control function go up in increments of 100 like the rev limiter?)

When trying it out the tacho was showing it cut but was jumping up beyond 3500rpm? anyone got any ideas why?

Not sure if i had it on hard cut as it seemed quite lazy in my opinion to what i was expecting... and im not sure if it was just first start up but idle was a bit rough would that have anything to do with me fitting the unit?

Will get pics and videos this week :)

Cheers

Iain
21-10-15, 09:34 AM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?190430-20XE-Omex-limiter

ABoresta
21-10-15, 11:12 AM
Oh cheers mate very helpful, il check all the suggestions they gave you first, its strange so many people have a similar issue...

Iain
21-10-15, 11:13 AM
I'll be honest it never felt quite right even with the replacement unit, might be our particular XE loom/ECU setup, I changed to an Armtech unit (which is actually part of Omex?!) and that works as expected. Didn't have launch tho.

millworm
21-10-15, 11:44 AM
I'll be honest it never felt quite right even with the replacement unit, might be our particular XE loom/ECU setup, I changed to an Armtech unit (which is actually part of Omex?!) and that works as expected. Didn't have launch tho.

Got an armtec on my sierra, has shift lights and flats hiring instead of launch contorl

ABoresta
21-10-15, 12:16 PM
Not going to lie I only want it for the launch really and pops and bangs when down at Ace Cafe, The videos you have Iain of yours spitting flames with it was that with the replacement unit?

Iain
21-10-15, 12:24 PM
Chav. I think that was with it broken. I think launch worked OK broken tho.

ABoresta
21-10-15, 12:28 PM
Haha I know right lol ok cheers mate