PDA

View Full Version : E16SE C16SE Standard Cams

Nova.Stockhatch
20-10-15, 07:33 PM
Hi I am trying to find out info on the standard cams fitted to Nova GTE/GSI. I race with the 750mc Classic stock hatches and they're wanting to specify the correct original Cam Lift/Duration in next years regulations (which I'm trying to help with).

A have the known original out of a J reg which I'm sending to 750mc for measurement (it has a 'B' stamped on the end). I believe some had a cam with D stamped on. Does anyone know if there is a difference in lift/duration etc or is it just the type of Distributor drive that's different? Also is there a different cam fitted to the late cars which had the coilpack in place of the Distributor?

Any help appreciated!
Thanks

Edd
20-10-15, 07:53 PM
E16SE is dizzy
C16SE is coil pack

Although they are different GM part numbers I was always under the impression that the lift/duration was the same

garyc
20-10-15, 08:35 PM
Try Haynes or Palgrave sheets.

Andy
20-10-15, 09:02 PM
B i was told was fitted to early gte and according to haynes is the same as a 1.3sr cam
D was fitted to later ones so i was told.

Nova.Stockhatch
20-10-15, 09:49 PM
Thanks guys :) I'm struggling with getting palgrave or Glass' guide technical info, but Haynes is just stating a 'D' cam for the 1.6 and the 'B' for a 1.3... But I know the B cam that I have definitely came from a E16SE J reg gsi originally - also it doesn't have a lobe for a mechanical fuel pump so it can't be fitted to a carb car (which Haynes says it was). So it makes you wonder if the D was fitted to the GTE/Gsi's or if it was a typo!?

Andy
21-10-15, 08:32 AM
Mine is the same bud.no lobe for the pump either
I thought i was running an illegal cam! I race in autograss stockhatch.Very similar rules regarding engines.

Nova.Stockhatch
22-10-15, 06:50 AM
Mine is the same bud.no lobe for the pump either
I thought i was running an illegal cam! I race in autograss stockhatch.Very similar rules regarding engines.

Ok, well I'll send them this one to measure so at least they will have 1 of the options on record. Thanks :)