PDA

View Full Version : C16xe problems

Otp
17-10-15, 10:56 AM
Hi
we a small engine fire as a result of a lambda heater wire going to ground. This caused a lot of heat in the engine loom and melted a lot of it together I have repaired the loom but I think the ecu may now be faulty.
engine won't idle at less than 2750rpm , error codes from TPS and coolant temp sensor both high voltage. I have tech one to read the codes and they don't clear. It ran fine before the fire.
Any ideas or an ecu to buy or try appreciated

thanks
clive

meritlover
17-10-15, 08:00 PM
Sounds like the ecu is seeing the sensors as open circuit. Are you getting 5v across each of the faulty sensor wires?

Otp
18-10-15, 03:45 PM
Hi
yes I have 5 volts at coolant sensor and TPS . I can see the voltage change for the TPS on Tech 1 only a small change but the throttle open percentage doesn't change. The resistance across the temp sensor is within tolerance. And I replaced the TPS as it was faulty.

meritlover
18-10-15, 07:46 PM
In that case the ecu is likely to be U/S

Otp
18-10-15, 08:57 PM
That's my thoughts I can't find a cheap one used and I wonder if it's worth spending a bit more to replace it with something more tuneable

Southie
18-10-15, 09:09 PM
C16xe ( the blue and red ecu) are hard to come by now, so I'd invest in a decent mappable setup if your having to start again with wiring.

meritlover
18-10-15, 09:26 PM
C16xe ( the blue and red ecu) are hard to come by now, so I'd invest in a decent mappable setup if your having to start again with wiring.
Agreed. But if you dont want to give up on it, try phoning Peter
http://www.remmington.info/test.html

Hes a really nice guy to deal with and will give you advice before asking you to spent money.

But in reality holding out for a replacement or buying a standalone is probably more practial.