PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Anonymous
14-08-00, 11:19 AM
One of my nova the front left wheel bearings went. I think it was caused by the calliper ceasing, also the pads were low. I have now got a new wheel bearing and pads, but I have this knocking noise now. If I go faster the knocking gets faster. I have a feeling it could be the disks ( but they look fine), I have been told it could be the bushes or maybe the pistons in the calliper need changing.

Any ideas?

Anonymous
14-08-00, 11:20 AM
what I ment was "on my nova" not "one of my nova"

Anonymous
14-08-00, 11:43 AM
Alrught Dan mate, could be that you have warped discs, which would be knocking against the calipers... this was a big problem for me

Anonymous
14-08-00, 02:14 PM
Alright Sam. Some bloke my Dad knows is going to look at my car tomorrow night. If it is the disks, I'll buy them and fit them Wednesday. Fingers x'ed that is all it is!!

Anonymous
14-08-00, 04:06 PM
It might not be anything to do with the brakes- it might be the driveshaft making the knocking noise. If it is warped discs you can tell be looking at the pads to see if they are evenly worn.

Anonymous
15-08-00, 10:15 AM
the pads were uneven when I took them off, but only on the side where the calliper was ceased.

Anonymous
16-08-00, 09:03 AM
I have found the answer!!! Some little prick has tried having my wheels away, then found the locking wheel nut and left the bolts in half way out. I had to let my uncle drive the car and hang out of the window to look at the wheel to find it wobbling all over the place.