PDA

View Full Version : Events 2016

Stuart
29-09-15, 12:10 PM
Just a brain vent for next years shows, in no real order....

The action days at Coombe (If we do them, we do them properly with ATLEAST 5 Novas there, and ideally 10! If that doesn't happen then we wont bother for 17 and on)
Viva Vauxhall - Crail, seemingly late April
PVS
The Retro Show at Santa Pod (Peester went, said it was an ok afternoon out and I have spoken with the organiser so Novas would be permitted in lol )
Retro Rides Gathering
Total Retro (northwest somwhere...)
Billing 8/9/10 July IIRC but can confirm.
Trax (this was the weekend after Billing this year, so not Sept as usual but that might change)
Maybe attend the pagent of power or one of the Carfest events too
National 2016
A run to Godwood FoS maybe?
A.N. Other PNG supported event for members.

Thoughts?
We have some new folks in to help with running stuff, but if there is a show you feel you can help with then just say and we will support you etc.

Ref PVS
I'd like to consider taking a £5 deposit/pre payment for attendees so that when the tickets go on sale, we can buy enough and a bit to get the stand passes necessary etc and to TRY and get a tarmac spot that isn't 1/2 a mile from the start. Regarding the discount we offered this year, we might be able to do similar but would need to see the ticket prices from Kelsey first. Thoughts on the deposit etc?

This is a fully open for discussion thread to include non members too as it might be something to spur membership too :)
A national meet would be nice, but I appreciate if its a non starter.

ABoresta
30-09-15, 10:57 AM
Deposit fine from me just say when etc... 100% will be at most the shows this year now the saloons back on the road

paul080803
30-09-15, 12:08 PM
I am looking to do RRG and Billing next year

Jack
30-09-15, 12:27 PM
Ref PVS
I'd like to consider taking a £5 deposit/pre payment for attendees so that when the tickets go on sale, we can buy enough and a bit to get the stand passes necessary etc and to TRY and get a tarmac spot that isn't 1/2 a mile from the start. Regarding the discount we offered this year, we might be able to do similar but would need to see the ticket prices from Kelsey first. Thoughts on the deposit etc?
Deposit sounds like a good idea, especially if it would nab us a decent spot.

Might need a crystal ball for this but any idea when Kelsey come out with prices/open up ticket sales?

Nova00
30-09-15, 01:04 PM
There has been a lot more novas at the meets / shows this year. Different ones at each show.
We had 18 novas at meet in Derbyshire and 10 at Ripon show and it was not even a nova stand.

I would not bother with car fest. Lots of young kids.

Stuart
30-09-15, 02:39 PM
Given I don't like Evans, I'd not really opt for car fest, but it was more to spark thought lol

Plug
30-09-15, 03:04 PM
Do trax if you get the numbers, I should be attending again as you can't beat a blast around silverstone!

Nova00
30-09-15, 03:05 PM
We had a meet in the car park at Tatton car show, Cheshire this year. If there was any interest we may be able to get a stand next year. It is a show event (rather than track) so not sure there would be interest in the club for a stand ?

chris gsi
30-09-15, 07:30 PM
I will hopfully be attending all the castle Combe ones and dars should be back out next year as well and would like to go to billing and retro rides

Stuart
30-09-15, 08:07 PM
We had a meet in the car park at Tatton car show, Cheshire this year. If there was any interest we may be able to get a stand next year. It is a show event (rather than track) so not sure there would be interest in the club for a stand ?

Static or active, we don't care... If there are numbers and interest, we'll support the organisation

Plug
01-10-15, 09:07 AM
I will hopfully be attending all the castle Combe ones and dars should be back out next year as well and would like to go to billing and retro rides

seems like I better drag might out then doesn't it! Seeing as there's another Let down this end now ! Sure Pete would attend Combe as well, so there's 4 so far,

Pistol Pete
01-10-15, 04:46 PM
As we have spoken about before, i am 100% behind the club for Combe. But no numbers and i'll go wth MIGweb.

Billing was great. Will defo camp again and the crew that came in tow also enjoyed it! Retro rides is another defo.

Have never done PVS so might consider that this year.

And a national meet could be a good idea. I know of a good and reasonably central campsite that could accommodate too!

NovalutionGSi
02-10-15, 03:09 PM
I know a few other clubs have been looking at a national Weekender, could be an option to join forces?

I'd be up for Retro Rides, guess I'd need to get a membership though.

If it does help, I could have a word with VODC, if both clubs are looking at having a stand at the same show, maybe joint stands could work? at least there could be a larger number of cars on the stand although looking at some of the numbers talked about it could be a small piggy back of VODC on a stand with a whole host of Novas!

joebrock
18-11-15, 09:45 PM
I'm looking at doing Billing and RRG next year

boffer8
20-11-15, 03:15 PM
Got my camping tickets for retro rides last week

nova J877
18-01-16, 03:12 AM
Billing is Friday 15 - Sunday 17 July this year.

Stuart
29-06-16, 01:26 PM
Just to add
We have a lst minute.com stand at the Retro Show at Pod THIS sunday.
Millworm has the 5 tickets, and will have the stand passes once I am sent them lol
Tickets are £12, paypal to png. If you want in then shout