PDA

View Full Version : Rear drum back plates

gaf2
17-09-15, 12:02 AM
Anyone know where i can buy the back plates for rear drums?

Cheers

paul james
17-09-15, 12:46 AM
Pretty sure I've seen them new on German ebay, don't ask me what the Deutsch for back plate is though!
Good second hand ones should be ok though as they are thick metal unlike on some other cars (the reason my old celica handbrake kept sticking or not holding at all). The ones on my nova were very rusty but cleaned up really well and looked like new by the time I'd attacked them with a wire wheel and painted them up again.

gaf2
17-09-15, 01:14 AM
Cheers pal will check out german ebay. Mine are beyond it am afraid.

mowgli
17-09-15, 08:43 PM
Get some corsa b rear brakes. They fit

gaf2
17-09-15, 11:25 PM
Get some corsa b rear brakes. They fit

So corsa back plates will fit and work with my nova drums pal?

millworm
18-09-15, 10:46 AM
Ive got a set of drums here if your looking for some

HouseAtreides
18-09-15, 09:54 PM
I've got a set of rear drum baking plates ... will nip up to my lock-up tomorrow and take some photos for you. I know they're rusty, but I also know (or am at least pretty certain) that they would come up like new after a sand blasting and powder coating or primer and paint.

I'm actually going to the powder coater tomorrow morning to drop off a couple of bits of my own, so could possibly take them with me and have them blasted/stripped for you if you're interested.

mowgli
18-09-15, 11:40 PM
So corsa back plates will fit and work with my nova drums pal? yes iirc

gaf2
19-09-15, 10:14 PM
I've got a set of rear drum baking plates ... will nip up to my lock-up tomorrow and take some photos for you. I know they're rusty, but I also know (or am at least pretty certain) that they would come up like new after a sand blasting and powder coating or primer and paint.

I'm actually going to the powder coater tomorrow morning to drop off a couple of bits of my own, so could possibly take them with me and have them blasted/stripped for you if you're interested.

Hi mate sorry never seen this yesterday. Yes am very interested, dont mind surface rust as long as they are solid. Fire me some pics if you can pal.

Cheers.

HouseAtreides
20-09-15, 07:48 PM
Been up at my lock-up today and yesterday but cannot find the buggers lol. Typical! They'll (hopefully) be in there somewhere, is just a case of working my way through all the boxes of parts ... is like a jungle lol. Apologies for my disorganisation

gaf2
20-09-15, 09:42 PM
Been up at my lock-up today and yesterday but cannot find the buggers lol. Typical! They'll (hopefully) be in there somewhere, is just a case of working my way through all the boxes of parts ... is like a jungle lol. Apologies for my disorganisation

Haha am the same pal, no rush anyway but give me a shout if you find them.. cheers