PDA

View Full Version : One brake light stays on with headlights

ABoresta
09-09-15, 06:24 PM
Hello all,

im having a little problem with my passenger side brake light it, when I turn on my headlights (not sure if it's sidelights too) the passenger side brake light is always on...

Just at wondering if anyone has any ideas what this could be, I'm a bit confused because it's only one.

cheers
Alex

Jonesfach
09-09-15, 06:37 PM
Hello all,

im having a little problem with my passenger side brake light it, when I turn on my headlights (not sure if it's sidelights too) the passenger side brake light is always on...

Just at wondering if anyone has any ideas what this could be, I'm a bit confused because it's only one.

cheers
Alex

was it working ok then just stated doing it? Or are you building rebuilding. If building rebuilding would think you have a wiring problem. If not the case check your Earth on the rear light is good.
could also be the bulb not in the right way properly??
could be shorting across the track in the light cluster too. Some shit tracking across?

mowgli
09-09-15, 08:28 PM
Bulb holder/ bulb issue?

ABoresta
09-09-15, 11:55 PM
Only noticed it since the bump I had... All the connections on the bulb holder seem ok il give them a little rub and try new bulbs although they all look ok. My friend said if I have a dual filament bulb where I should have a single or vice versa it could cause this too? :S I think I have all the correct bulbs in...

Stupid question where's the earth for the rear lights?

joff-turbo-nova
10-09-15, 10:27 AM
Stupid question where's the earth for the rear lights?

Should be a brown wire and if I remember correctly the earth point is just inside the boot lip in the middle.

Joff

Iain
10-09-15, 11:45 AM
Yes it'll be brown, when looking in from the boot it's near the middle latch with a little wibbly washer on

ABoresta
10-09-15, 03:29 PM
AHHHHH yeah i knew that lol and that could explain it, I put my battery relocation earth there too maybe thats done it

Iain
12-09-15, 07:14 PM
Might be worth bare metalling a large area in the floorpan for a battery earth, maybe M10 kinda size.

ABoresta
14-09-15, 08:58 AM
Yeah I was going too as i don't think its a good enough earth where it is at the moment.

chris862
17-09-15, 02:22 AM
I would say its a faulty bulb, the rears are dual filament (stop n tail) i had a similar problem, everytime I braked the front lights flashed, only realised when it got dark! try a new bulb :)

ABoresta
17-09-15, 07:48 AM
I would say its a faulty bulb, the rears are dual filament (stop n tail) i had a similar problem, everytime I braked the front lights flashed, only realised when it got dark! try a new bulb :)

Oh are they both dual filament? I think i have a single filament in one of them :tard:

ABoresta
21-09-15, 03:28 PM
Can anyone clarify that both brake and tail lights are dual filament?

I have:
Dual
Single
Single

Is that not correct? :S