PDA

View Full Version : E16SE problems

Brasso93
01-09-15, 02:04 PM
so just over a month ago I fitted an e16se into my 1200 spi nova and had it running but was down on compression so pulled it out sent it off had it oversized and new pistons etc put the engine back in and now im not getting a spark. ive tried new dizzy/coil/amplifier/rotor arm and also tested all plugs and im getting live everywhere it should be. the king lead is 11.72v with ignition on but when cranking drops to 0v. im stuck
any ideas on what else to check or could be causes :confused::confused::confused::confused:

7ova
01-09-15, 03:00 PM
Have you checked
all your earths

mowgli
01-09-15, 05:30 PM
Are you using the original spi ecu feed for the e16se ecu feed? Or have you taken it from elsewhere?

Brasso93
01-09-15, 06:41 PM
Are you using the original spi ecu feed for the e16se ecu feed? Or have you taken it from elsewhere?

Ive ran a perm live to battery. Picked up ignition live from ignition barrel. Earth to chassis leg and fuel pump feeds off orginal pump wires at fusebox the car was running when i took engine out put it back in and had no fuel, this was down to fuel pump wire had come off in the tank. Then repaired that and now i have no spark ive tried dizzy, coil and amplifier and still no spark tested all my wires and they all do what they should im confused now lol

mowgli
01-09-15, 09:03 PM
You are aware that the nova has one feed off the ing switch that stays live when cranking.

Brasso93
02-09-15, 08:55 AM
You are aware that the nova has one feed off the ing switch that stays live when cranking.

yes but it ran before I took the engine out and I had spark the other day and ive not changed any wiring what so ever other than re soldered some bits in the engine bay to make it tidier

NovalutionGSi
04-09-15, 07:56 AM
personally, I'd go and have a look at the area/sections that you have resoldered. might be something there that hasn't quite made a good connection.