PDA

View Full Version : Rear arch fixin/weldin?

frog_southampton
21-09-03, 10:05 PM
My rear arches are mash up...

let a cow boy loose on it and he grided it right back, got rid of the lip and now the inner arch and outer arch are not joined anymore

how can i fix it? - weld it bak 2 geather or just get new arch welded in? how much does it cost 4 new rear arches n fittin / sprayin?

Serialkilla
21-09-03, 10:52 PM
I wouldn't worry about it mate just make sure they are rust protected.

My inners have rusted and the lip on the outer wheel arhce has rusted as well cause the previous owner decided to roll the arces him self and didin't bother painting them & I have no problem with them.

frog_southampton
21-09-03, 11:52 PM
it fails the MOT on the rear arches tho...

excesive corrosion within 30cm of seatbelt bolts

Serialkilla
22-09-03, 12:01 AM
Mine hasn't failed on the wheel arches all it failed on was the great big holes behind the rear suspension struts and a few other little bits.

Dpnova
22-09-03, 09:46 AM
I got quoted 160 for each arch welded and spayed,

ade
22-09-03, 06:25 PM
how good are you at body work?

If inner and outer body isnt joined thats gonna compromise the strwength a little and you'll find that water will get in. theres a rubber seal that runs around the arch - thet's prob fecked by now (age).

I had this problem so I pot rivitted the inner and outer arch together after removing all rust, then rebuilt the arch with fibreglass. Smoothed with body filler to hide rivets and its been fine ever since and thats with extreme Scottish weather! (over 1 yr ).

TBH ?160 a side inc respray (that means resopraying both sides of the car for good paint match aint that bad (?320 all in) - 2 new arches too!

Prob cost you ?100 inc paint for the arch using my method - then theres the time. You really need to know what your doing too otherwise you'll make an arses elbow of it - you'll need to respray the rear 1/4 at least!

pickle
22-09-03, 08:00 PM
i fucking hate cow boys. there is one rnd my wy like that. i'd give carisma or dawsons or any other top company and talk to them about it and try and save up and send it down there. get a propper job frm a top company.. good luc mate.

Paul
22-09-03, 08:47 PM
WTF!!! You dont need carisma for everything, Its custom dash 'give carisma a ring', arches, 'give carisma a ring'. You can do stuff yourself, and bodyshops rtound your area will do it, ask to see some of there work, for example, got my arches sorted at Garry Lee Panelcraft in Upminster, included in priice of full coulour change respray for ?600. Thats something like carisma would charge to do pair of arches, ?2k+ for a spray job. WTF!

Anyway, Carisma Dawsons etc do style mainly, there main focus isnt repairing rusty fucked old arches, (no offence), they like one off styling and going completely mental, look at their work, a lot different and a lot utta the price range of most people who own a nova.

www.garryleepanelcraft.co.uk look on there granada.

olly55
22-09-03, 10:20 PM
agree with paul if u going 4 any rust work dun id much rather go to a proper bodyshopthats do it all the tyme and do accident repair etc THEN go to a styling type bodyshop like crisma or dawsons 4 the bumpers / spray work / custom bits althought they r bloody good at wat they do 4 peace of mind id get it dun by sum1 expericned,