PDA

View Full Version : Twin 40s trumpets and filters?

gitters27
31-08-15, 11:45 AM
Hi,you folks out there running twin 40s what size trumpets are you using and what filters?

paul james
31-08-15, 12:17 PM
48mm trumpets and two paired filter socks as they fitted better than one big filter that went over all the trumpets

gitters27
31-08-15, 01:42 PM
What made you use 48mm or is it the best length over all?plus I know not much room

mikeoxford
02-09-15, 06:09 AM
Tiny trumpets = torque.

Large trumpets = BHP.

I run 22mm and a single Ramair dome over all four. The foam filter is plyable enough you can squeeze it in.

Got an irmscher air box collecting dust in the garage but can't find a replacement filter these days :(

Stuart
02-09-15, 08:49 AM
Ohh hello stranger my cocks ford :)

Peredur
02-09-15, 10:36 AM
Tiny trumpets = torque.

Large trumpets = BHP.

I run 22mm and a single Ramair dome over all four. The foam filter is plyable enough you can squeeze it in.

Got an irmscher air box collecting dust in the garage but can't find a replacement filter these days :(

Other way round, the longer the inlet tract (trumpet) generally the better the torque, shorter trumpets tend to perform better at high revs but sacrifice mid range torque.

gitters27
02-09-15, 10:40 AM
i see the irmscher air box come up for sale now and again but are they really worth having compared to socks or dome filter?more restrictive than dome and socks or better?im wanting the best airflow possible so not sure if irmscher box would be for me,any one have info on this?

Jonesfach
02-09-15, 07:34 PM
i see the irmscher air box come up for sale now and again but are they really worth having compared to socks or dome filter?more restrictive than dome and socks or better?im wanting the best airflow possible so not sure if irmscher box would be for me,any one have info on this?

What engine they on? A 1300 ?
my 1300 has short trumpets on, can't remember what length, fairly short with KNs.
used to run the airbox but took it off to improve the airflow.

gitters27
02-09-15, 07:40 PM
It's 1,6 lump

boffer8
03-09-15, 01:13 PM
40mm with a Ramair sausage filter because my socks were sucked in :-S

Irmscher airbox's look good but rob power and torque.

As stated above, depends what you want from it but to be honest on the tune of most carb'd engines it doesn't have an affect at all.

therealnovaboy
04-09-15, 08:47 AM
any trumpet is better than no trumpet. By the time you need to worry about the optimum length trumpet you will have a person to work it out for you or enough money to experiment your self.

mikeoxford
16-09-15, 12:26 AM
Ohh hello stranger my cocks ford :)
Hey stu been a while!

Other way round, the longer the inlet tract (trumpet) generally the better the torque, shorter trumpets tend to perform better at high revs but sacrifice mid range torque.
You're right [emoji38]

Use cable tie on socks to lessen the chance of being sucked.

mikeoxford
16-09-15, 12:27 AM
It's 1,6 lump

Chokes are important go 30-32mm on 1.6 [emoji106]

BRoadGhost
08-11-15, 10:52 PM
lol You sucked your own socks in? Was the engine alright?