PDA

View Full Version : Rear pop out windows

ShawnAzzopardi
29-08-15, 12:46 PM
I need an opinion. There's someone selling a pair of pop out rear hatch windows for 50 Euro's (roughly around 40GBP)

Is this a good deal?

I don't think he knows their value

leggattr
29-08-15, 01:17 PM
You will need a lot more than just the glass, which makes it expensive if you can find the bits. I asked the seller the shipping cost for the glass which is a further 30euros. That price is around right for the glass.

Benn
29-08-15, 02:00 PM
I thought the glass was alot more than that!

ShawnAzzopardi
29-08-15, 02:21 PM
You will need a lot more than just the glass, which makes it expensive if you can find the bits. I asked the seller the shipping cost for the glass which is a further 30euros. That price is around right for the glass.
But I mean, he's selling the whole kit and he's here local in Malta, not online.

staggy_gsi
29-08-15, 03:10 PM
If its a complete kit for that price, snap it up!!

millworm
29-08-15, 06:03 PM
That's really really cheap

wwmnw
29-08-15, 10:59 PM
Buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it

wwmnw
29-08-15, 11:03 PM
After doing that I looked at the word 'buy' and thought, wait is that even a real word or have I miss spelled it? Does questioning myself make me an idiot?

How is Malta using euros when its near Africa?

Where is my life headed?

millworm
30-08-15, 01:29 AM
I'm going to Malta in November, buy them and ill give you 60 for them ;)

Stuart
30-08-15, 08:35 AM
A total bargain for 50 toy monies. Think I saw a set go for £250 once lol

Benn
30-08-15, 02:10 PM
After doing that I looked at the word 'buy' and thought, wait is that even a real word or have I miss spelled it? Does questioning myself make me an idiot?

Where is my life headed?

Dont need to be in Europe to be in the union. I'm off to Cyprus and they use them.

Pistol Pete
31-08-15, 08:00 PM
If, if, its a complete set then yes its a good price. If not, no. As the other parts (seals catches etc) can be hard to come by.

ShawnAzzopardi
31-08-15, 08:24 PM

Where is my life headed?
Malta is in the middle of the Mediterranean. If it was near anything, it would be near Sicily/Italy. It is also part of the European Union, which was the biggest fucking mistake this country made. We USED to have the world's most powerful currency, but noooooooooo, we had to get the Euro and make life even more expensive.

ShawnAzzopardi
31-08-15, 08:27 PM
I'm going to Malta in November, buy them and ill give you 60 for them ;)
When you come here, I will hang out with you and let you have a go in my Nova (maybe) alright? And yeah, I'll see if I'll buy them, as I got my pay today (a whopping 311 Euro's for a months part time) and I'm taking the Nova to the mechanic tomorrow for a steering rack change, water pump change (and buy, as he's gonna buy it for me), a CV joint, changing the return hose as it leaks (it's old and cracked), some uh, what's the term? "closing" of the diesel pump? As I tend to roll coal when gunning it in 4th, and tightening of the handbrake cable.

But yeah. If I have money in the budget, then I'll try and get them. As I'm also getting bucket seats for it.

mowgli
31-08-15, 08:45 PM
Dont need to be in Europe to be in the union. I'm off to Cyprus and they use them.
And the Cypriot people wish they'd never been talked into it either......

wwmnw
31-08-15, 09:25 PM
Malta is in the middle of the Mediterranean. If it was near anything, it would be near Sicily/Italy. It is also part of the European Union, which was the biggest fucking mistake this country made. We USED to have the world's most powerful currency, but noooooooooo, we had to get the Euro and make life even more expensive.

Consider me edumacated, my grandparents have been a couple of times, said it was nice but pretty small. Maybe one day I'll visit, got a spare bed? Save me on accommodation? lol

millworm
31-08-15, 09:30 PM
When you come here, I will hang out with you and let you have a go in my Nova (maybe) alright? And yeah, I'll see if I'll buy them, as I got my pay today (a whopping 311 Euro's for a months part time) and I'm taking the Nova to the mechanic tomorrow for a steering rack change, water pump change (and buy, as he's gonna buy it for me), a CV joint, changing the return hose as it leaks (it's old and cracked), some uh, what's the term? "closing" of the diesel pump? As I tend to roll coal when gunning it in 4th, and tightening of the handbrake cable.

But yeah. If I have money in the budget, then I'll try and get them. As I'm also getting bucket seats for it.

Sounds good to me ��

Benn
01-09-15, 12:39 PM
And the Cypriot people wish they'd never been talked into it either......

Think that's everyone using it...

ShawnAzzopardi
01-09-15, 12:43 PM
Consider me edumacated, my grandparents have been a couple of times, said it was nice but pretty small. Maybe one day I'll visit, got a spare bed? Save me on accommodation? lol
Sure, if you don't mind either cuddling with a 21 year old male (me) or a 68 year old female (my grandma)

ShawnAzzopardi
01-09-15, 12:54 PM
Think that's everyone using it...
Especially now that Greece major fucked up, I'm sure that's gonna bring down the face value of the Euro

mowgli
01-09-15, 05:38 PM
Cyprus got their banks raided by the ECB after the ECB convinced the cyprus banks to guarantee a loan to the greeks..... my sis lives there... her hubby doesnt know my niece (who is at uni in England) is shagging a Greek lad. If he did there would be lots of blood....

mowgli
01-09-15, 05:39 PM
Think that's everyone using it... except the Germans.......

wwmnw
01-09-15, 07:40 PM
Sure, if you don't mind either cuddling with a 21 year old male (me) or a 68 year old female (my grandma)
It would be rude to cuddle your grandma, budge over ;)

except the Germans.......

Bit ironic eh, rules are set by them but never fucking followed by them.

ShawnAzzopardi
01-09-15, 08:07 PM
Cyprus got their banks raided by the ECB after the ECB convinced the cyprus banks to guarantee a loan to the greeks..... my sis lives there... her hubby doesnt know my niece (who is at uni in England) is shagging a Greek lad. If he did there would be lots of blood....
It's kinda like a black Jewish guy shacking up with a Nazi, isn't it?

ShawnAzzopardi
01-09-15, 08:07 PM
It would be rude to cuddle your grandma, budge over ;)

Bit ironic eh, rules are set by them but never fucking followed by them.
She's a widow now, so I guess you could. You have my blessing.

ShawnAzzopardi
01-09-15, 08:09 PM
I've decided against the windows honestly. In October we're gonna have our yearly event (Paqpaqli) where people show up with their cars. It's basically a charity car show, and usually they bring 4 cars you pay 100 Euro (as a donation) to take for a drive on the airport runway. Last year it was 2 Nissan GTR's, a LeMans (Or Touring) version of a Ferrari F430, and a Porsche Turbo. This year they're bringing a Koeniggsegg CCX-R, a Porsche 918, a Ferrari LaFerrari, and a McLaren P1.

I'm gonna drive P1. That's just an experience I never will have again.

mowgli
01-09-15, 09:06 PM
Ffs what does a parcel of 20kg cost to send over from Malta? If it's not crazy, i'd buy them

Stuart
01-09-15, 09:08 PM
Ffs what does a parcel of 20kg cost to send over from Malta? If it's not crazy, i'd buy them

Quite a lot, I checked when he was after brakes :(

Iain
02-09-15, 03:28 PM
How much are flights over to Malta?

Downside is you'd have to meet up with that weirdo Shawn, but you'd get some cheap windows and a holiday.

Benn
02-09-15, 04:03 PM
For a all inc holiday there at the end of sept i was quoted £1100.

ShawnAzzopardi
02-09-15, 09:25 PM
How much are flights over to Malta?

Downside is you'd have to meet up with that weirdo Shawn, but you'd get some cheap windows and a holiday.
Thanks a lot, you muppet lol

And PS: flights depend on what part of season it is. Usually we get a lot of tourists around the summer time (obviously) so that's when flights are most expensive. They usually drop around mid-October onwards.

wwmnw
02-09-15, 10:23 PM
I've decided against the windows honestly. In October we're gonna have our yearly event (Paqpaqli) where people show up with their cars. It's basically a charity car show, and usually they bring 4 cars you pay 100 Euro (as a donation) to take for a drive on the airport runway. Last year it was 2 Nissan GTR's, a LeMans (Or Touring) version of a Ferrari F430, and a Porsche Turbo. This year they're bringing a Koeniggsegg CCX-R, a Porsche 918, a Ferrari LaFerrari, and a McLaren P1.

I'm gonna drive P1. That's just an experience I never will have again.

Shit fuck bastard, my dream car is the P1!!!!!! Give me EXACT dates and times of this event I need a holiday and I'll come to Malta alone if I have to!

ShawnAzzopardi
02-09-15, 10:25 PM
Shit fuck bastard, my dream car is the P1!!!!!! Give me EXACT dates and times of this event I need a holiday and I'll come to Malta alone if I have to!
October 4th, Malta International Airport, Hal-Farrug.

It starts early-ish.

Iain
02-09-15, 10:25 PM
Does a p1 have pop out quarter windows though?

ShawnAzzopardi
02-09-15, 10:27 PM
Does a p1 have pop out quarter windows though?
I hate you

meritlover
02-09-15, 11:31 PM
I hear its cheaper if you just arrive in some make-shift raft. Its quite a popular alternative these days according to the news.

ShawnAzzopardi
03-09-15, 07:48 AM
I hear its cheaper if you just arrive in some make-shift raft. Its quite a popular alternative these days according to the news.
Oh yes. It also really helps if you're black and pretend you're poor (when in reality, you're not.)

(How do I know? When I worked in a different branch of the store I work at, I used to go exchange large bank notes at the lottery office. It was always full of the guys with wallets full of money, name brand wallets and Rolex watches with way better phones than what I have.)

wwmnw
01-11-15, 10:40 PM
The important question here though is, did Shawn drive the P1? If he did we need video proof, pictures will prove the P1 was there but not that Shawn drove it.

ShawnAzzopardi
02-11-15, 04:08 AM
The important question here though is, did Shawn drive the P1? If he did we need video proof, pictures will prove the P1 was there but not that Shawn drove it.
They didn't allow people to drive them :( You could pay 200 Euro's to be a passenger in it, but that's it really. I couldn't afford that whatsoever.

But here it is:

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12065511_10208000525799851_1614292569800244758_n.j pg?oh=dd8fa882c20fe80c6589a79f4f0691a7&oe=56CB0526
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtl1/v/t1.0-9/12109159_10208000527399891_446484110325705707_n.jp g?oh=591fac0b2c681612f891ad0e9da96de7&oe=56B738CD

novalew
02-11-15, 08:11 PM
Has your mate still got the windows?

Southie
02-11-15, 08:15 PM
Couldn't you just make some poly opening windows and use some openers from something like a mk1 fiesta?

ShawnAzzopardi
03-11-15, 04:07 AM
Has your mate still got the windows?
Not a mate, and last I messaged him he didn't reply, so I really couldn't tell ya. Why, you in town?