PDA

View Full Version : Sell or Break ?

tay
21-09-03, 03:45 PM
The time has come to get rid of my nova and start with something new. Its quite heavily modified and I know that I'm never gonna get the money back I spent on it (over ?10k !) so I am seriously thinking of breaking it as apposed to selling it. Spec is as follows

Engine :

1600 8V GTE with ported polished and skimmed head (done about 2 weeks ago) Piper 285 Cam with vernier pulley, Weber Twin 40 DCOE's, Weber Alpha Ignition Management System, 4-1 exhaust manifold, custom made powerflow exhaust with dual exit letterbox pipers (one out each side), Facet Fuel pump, Samco hoses.

Bodywork :

Supernovas front bumper, Abyss rear bumper, Smoothed tailgate with Seat Ibiza Rear spoiler, De-locked doors, Abyss side skirts, M3 mirrors, Evo bonnet vent, Single Wiper, Bad Boy bonnet extension on GSi meshed grille, clear rear lights.

Wheels :

17" Mille miglia action wheels (fronts have seen better days) with good condition tyres

Suspension :

Avo Evolution Coilovers (about 1 month old), Powerflex bushes

Brakes :

256mm Brake conversion with bigger callipers

Interior :

Corbeau Buckets with rear seats and door cards retrimmed to match, Mk2 Dash sprayed black with Astra GTE digidash with blue lights instead of yellow, Momo Raptor gearknob and gaitor, Raid steering wheel, Leccy windows and central locking, boot popper etc etc

ICE :

Kenwood PS9070R Head unit with ten disc cd changer, Alpine V12 4 Channel amp, Pheonix Gold 4 Channel Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, Infinity Mid speakers and JBL 6x9's

Alarm

Toad Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser

Do you think it would be better to sell it all as whole or break it all up and sell it as parts ?

P.S if anyone is interested I will be getting rid of it in the next 3-4 months !

Dicko
21-09-03, 03:53 PM
if you break it ill take the suspension if there coilovers :P

Dare-devil
21-09-03, 08:06 PM
You get more ??? out of breaking it, and selling the bits m8. :wink:

dave.gsi
21-09-03, 10:46 PM
break it

?Marty?
22-09-03, 01:35 AM
Break it. Tho it'd be a load of hassle. And you may be stuck with parts for ages waiting to sell them, with people 'wasting' your time.

I'm pondering the exact same question, but i don't even own a garage, so it'd be inconvenient to break the car, since i'd have nowhere to store the parts.

burgo
22-09-03, 01:40 AM
tay wots ya shell like

Jules
22-09-03, 09:32 AM
For the money - break
For the conviencince - sell.

Horses for courses really, If you have the room and time then break it but you have to remember not to spend the money that you get in dribs and drabs or you'll waste it all and be left with very little, if you sell it as it is you'll get less money in total but you'll get it all at once.

tay
22-09-03, 08:10 PM
the shell's in good nick mate. if you want i can send you phot's when i've got the bumpers off, only thing is though its had the spare wheel well cut out for the powerflow exhaust.

my girlfriends got a garage that she don't keep nothing in so im gonna sk her nicely if i can 'borrow' it for a while :)