PDA

View Full Version : De-mister

ShawnAzzopardi
08-08-15, 06:46 PM
Are you still able to find replacement rear demisters? Or are they all gone? On mine, only 2 lines work. The rest are useless.

therealnovaboy
08-08-15, 07:10 PM
you used to be able to get a conductive paint that would paint on and bridge the gap of the broken element. never tried it but would be worth a shot.

ShawnAzzopardi
08-08-15, 07:19 PM
you used to be able to get a conductive paint that would paint on and bridge the gap of the broken element. never tried it but would be worth a shot.
I'll take a close look at how bad it is when I get my car back. Thanks for the input mate.

But, in case that don't work, would I pretty much be screwed?

therealnovaboy
08-08-15, 07:33 PM
no you could get a cloth and give it a wipe or since you live in malta roll the window down.

ShawnAzzopardi
08-08-15, 07:35 PM
no you could get a cloth and give it a wipe or since you live in malta roll the window down.
I do that, it still is a bit chilly in winter (which I don't mind, but I could use a set of wind deflectors for my front windows) but after a bit, it just mists over again. The drawbacks of winter, as my heater matrix died on me when smoke poured into the cabin.

But enough of that. I guess cloth it is. Maybe I'll hire a midget.

therealnovaboy
08-08-15, 07:37 PM
it would be easier to fix the heater than the rear windscreen. usually 10 mins with the heater on and the window is clear

ShawnAzzopardi
08-08-15, 07:49 PM
it would be easier to fix the heater than the rear windscreen. usually 10 mins with the heater on and the window is clear
I'll just buy a new heater matrix, fix the wiring (as my stupid friend merely cut off all the wires for it) and fix the heater channel underneath t he steering column as it has collapsed.

therealnovaboy
08-08-15, 08:54 PM
sounds like the rear window is the least of your problems. good luck

ShawnAzzopardi
08-08-15, 10:00 PM
sounds like the rear window is the least of your problems. good luck
The car was 600 Euro's. What was I to expect.

It hasn't been a super money pit, as of yet.

Things that have gone wrong:

Heater matrix. Sheered off the front right stabilizer after hitting a pothole (that was full of water) deep enough to bury a 3 year old child in, fixed that. Had to get a new exhaust, as the retard I bought the car off of simply had one off of an Isuzu Gemini that was straight piped and had a piece grinded off just as the exhaust rounded down. Rear wheel cylinder went, leaked hydraulic fluid. Speedo gear went.

It just has a lot to be done, but I don't mind. I take care of her.

therealnovaboy
09-08-15, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=ShawnAzzopardi;2272731] Sheered off the front right stabilizer after hitting a pothole (that was full of water) deep enough to bury a 3 year old child in, fixed that. QUOTE]

Anyone that fixes nova's and pot holes is alright in my book. Just be careful who you tell about the 3 year old child you buried.

ShawnAzzopardi
09-08-15, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=ShawnAzzopardi;2272731] Sheered off the front right stabilizer after hitting a pothole (that was full of water) deep enough to bury a 3 year old child in, fixed that. QUOTE]

Anyone that fixes nova's and pot holes is alright in my book. Just be careful who you tell about the 3 year old child you buried.

It took about 2 months before the damage really showed. After about a month, I could hear clicking when I braked or decelerated. Then one morning, I was driving to school, and I kept hearing a rubbing sound. The moment I got to school, I popped the hood and noticed 2 lines on the axle. Asked my auto teacher to check it and he said I have some bad news, front stabilizer sheered off. He told one of the students who had a placement at a panel beater's place and he took me there. A week and a half later, I took it in to get fixed (during which time it sat at my house) and that's how I spent my 21st birthday.

About that 3 year old child, shh. No one needs to know. I trust people at PNG.

PS. Pot hole is still there. I just avoid that street altogether. You think they make rally spec suspension and bushes and everything for a Nova? As well as a high lift kit, so it'll be able to deal with the roads over here