PDA

View Full Version : standard c20let nova.

torquey
02-08-15, 10:57 PM
Anyone done a c20let nova and kept it standard spec? Just wondering what they are like in standard form in a nova. Got to be more reliable i would of thought and still be quick! :confused:

Will F
03-08-15, 07:54 AM
Yep - they are around 50bhp and 100lb'ft more than an xe...

Seriously though, they are totally driveable with decent tyres and suspension

Benn
03-08-15, 12:17 PM
Mine is at the mo, engine wise. There isnt really the need for more power in a nova. 200brake is way more than enough. It will easily go off the clocks and easily lose you your licence.

torquey
03-08-15, 03:05 PM
Well mine is phase 2 spec just wondering if it would be worth returning back to standard power and putting the money into decent handling set up tyres/suspension ect.

paddy235
03-08-15, 05:16 PM
What keeps going wrong with it? I can't see why phase 2 can make it so unreliable really

torquey
03-08-15, 05:45 PM
Running crap from cold like overfueling changed pretty much every sensor on it. Doin my head in.

Rob H
03-08-15, 06:09 PM
Keep it ph2, fair enough if you already have it std 200brake would be enough but losing 80ish bhp will feel borderline suicidal lol, not as if a big block nova is a finely tuned handling weapon is it, the position of the engine pushed right over the front end tells you that, so you might aswell keep it quick in a straight line. I honestly don't see the problem people seem to have with big power let novas, mine's fooking epic with 350ponies, might spin a bit if you slam your boot down but it's still motivating like theres no tomorrow while doing so. The challenge of throttle balancing if you don't want it to spin is also a enjoyable expierence If you ask me.

torquey
03-08-15, 06:46 PM
No i built it for phase 2 never had a standard let hence why i asked the question. Know what you saying though will see what the problem is like you say it will feel alot slower.

Benn
04-08-15, 08:05 AM
Well mine is phase 2 spec just wondering if it would be worth returning back to standard power and putting the money into decent handling set up tyres/suspension ect.

No i built it for phase 2 never had a standard let hence why i asked the question. Know what you saying though will see what the problem is like you say it will feel alot slower.

Having the set up right will be a huge factor.

If you can keep the power on in/though a corner rather than letting off. That will feel faster.

I remember TrackdayNova VS Jonlems times at the ring years ago. Jons had the better set up so was quicker, even tho TD had more power.