PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Release Cable Fitment

HouseAtreides
02-08-15, 01:41 PM
As above, having a blonde moment fitting the bonnet release cable. Know the hole it feeds through (or at least I think I do); just can't remember whether it feeds through some of the cut-outs (and if so, which ones) on the top panel. Pretty sure there's a clip that clips onto the top panel which holds the cable in situ, but again not sure where this is mounted.

Any help and/or pictures to demonstrate would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

conza123
02-08-15, 01:56 PM
Look threw benn project thread as he has hidden the cable completely from the bay and looks really good

HouseAtreides
02-08-15, 02:11 PM
Look threw benn project thread as he has hidden the cable completely from the bay and looks really good

I don't want to hide mine, as just aiming for factory standard fitment, though if it shows where it should be fed through as originally intended, then I'll have a gander?

HouseAtreides
02-08-15, 02:21 PM
Just caught a glimpse of where I think it feeds through on one of the pages of Benn's build thread. Looks like it goes around the back of the engine and in from the n/s rather than o/s which I was trying to fit it from.

Benn
03-08-15, 12:20 PM
Mine goes no where near std.

Hole is next to the tb cable. Closest to the turret side. On the front panel there is a metal clip like bit with you clamp the cable in against the panel to hold it in place and adjust the length.

HouseAtreides
03-08-15, 07:52 PM
:thumb: I see that it fits through the smallest hole next to the throttle cable closest to the o/s turret. Fed it from there and channeled it along the n/s chassis leg and through a cut-out in the inside of top panel and clipped it into the release mechanism. Not sure what mean by adjusting the length by holding it in place, however, as can't see how the thing will (self-)adjust until everything's fitted and I'm left scratching my head lol. I'm sure I'll get there in the end, and the way I have it now isn't far off ... Surely to God lol.

Benn
04-08-15, 07:54 AM
The bent bit of metal holds it tight to the slam panel, you losen the bolt pull the cable and then re do it up to hold it tight. The will shorten/lengthen the cable.