PDA

View Full Version : Hutchinson Designs Vauxhall Nova Cabriolet - URGENT APPEAL!

joby99
29-07-15, 09:29 PM
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on here.
My Grandad, Peter Hutchinson, was the original manufacturer of the Hutchinson Designs Nova Cabriolet, along with my father Paul Hutchinson.
Unfortunately, last Friday Peter sadly passed away peacefully in his own home.
I'm appealing to anyone that may have one of the Nova's he converted. I would be extremely grateful to have it on show at his funeral next week on the 4th of July in Coventry if anyone could possibly do this as a final farewell to my Grandad Peter. It would mean a huge amount to me and to the Hutchinson family.
I am contactable by private message on here.

Many thanks and I hope someone might be able to help.
P.S. I am willing to help out with travel costs etc.

Joe

Southie
29-07-15, 09:40 PM
My condolences to you and your family, I hope someone on here gets back to you for this.

joby99
29-07-15, 10:01 PM
Thank you - much appreciated. I hope someone will be able to help as well.

Scottcooper85
29-07-15, 10:08 PM
A couple of lads on the facebook pages have them. Sorry to hear of your loss.

joby99
29-07-15, 10:16 PM
I've just joined the facebook group so i'll post there when i'm accepted. Thanks for the suggestion. And thanks - it's a sad loss for the whole family. Joe

Royston
30-07-15, 06:36 AM
Sad news, my condolences, there are a few members with Hutchinson Nova's hopefully one of them may be able to assist.

Southie
30-07-15, 08:51 AM
Joe, here's a thread from earlier this year that show who currently owns Hutchinson designed Novas. :)
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?210140-surviving-hutchinson-cabriolets&

duick
30-07-15, 09:21 AM
Very sad news, my sincere condolences to your family.

I got in contact with him a few years ago and he was very helpful and provided me details when I was doing the article of the Hutchinson Nova for my website

http://www.opel-corsa-a.com/index_e.php?seite=Modelle/Umbauten/Hutchinson/Hutchinson_e.htm

joby99
31-07-15, 11:10 PM
Thanks for all of your comments everyone - means a lot. I've had a read of the thread regarding the remaining Nova Cabriolet's - can't believe there's so few left! Duick - I've read your article on the Nova many times and it's great to see it up on the internet for everyone to read and see. Great work. Thanks to everyone for your help. I believe Jay is bringing his Cabriolet down for the funeral, which is brilliant and very kind of him.
Joe

Benn
01-08-15, 12:08 PM
There is a man on here with a black turbo'd one. But i'm unsure of his name... I have a photo of it tho.

My condolences to you.

mikey093
02-08-15, 04:53 PM
Very sad to hear this. The black one is my old nova, Jay Roberts has it now

joby99
03-08-15, 10:55 PM
Yes, Jay is very kindly bringing the black Nova along to the funeral. It'll be great to have it on display.

joby99
04-08-15, 02:10 PM
A huge thank you to Jay and his partner Claire for bringing the Nova down to display at the funeral. It was a great surprise for the family and made the Hutchinson families day to have it there. Couldn't have asked for more. Once again, many thanks. It was a brilliant send off for my Grandad Peter.