PDA

View Full Version : Oil temp sender

Scottcooper85
27-07-15, 09:36 AM
Has anyone got any pictures of where they've put their oil temp sender on a xe or let engine please. Also which is the easiest one to get to fit and best place to buy from?

Cheers

Iain
27-07-15, 09:58 AM
This has some good info

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines-transmission/171368-xe-let-oil-pressure-temp-senders-what-why-how-where.html

I used to have my temp gauge in the M22 end of the oil pump, however since swapping to a Z20LET oil pump it's M24 and I can't find an adaptor.

Get yourself an 1/8NPT to M14 adaptor, then use one of the spare gallery bungs around that area.

Any electrical oil temp sensor will be fine, I like my Stack ones. If you are considering more than one sensor, check out the digital SPA gauges that are 2-in-1, e.g. oil temp and pressure.

Scottcooper85
27-07-15, 10:19 AM
I have a twin racetech oil pressure/temp gauge so was just looking at options for that, think I'm going to use some sort of tee for the pressure one aslong as it faces correctly. Also saw the remote tee kits demon tweeks do though for better space. Just didn't want to stick a temp sender in anywhere it might catch something spinning in the block lol

Iain
27-07-15, 10:21 AM
Ah cool, any of those galleries on the back is perfect, the T's look annoying to get facing the right way. The one angled down directly above the original sensor is ideal as it's nice and tucked out the way.

Benn
27-07-15, 01:35 PM
Put it in the normal place they live? Perfect for it....