PDA

View Full Version : Push Iron

mk1nova_rich
26-07-15, 06:07 PM
Seeing as I'm relocating with work further away from home I am after getting myself a new bike. I don't want a full road bike as I don't like them so probably aiming for a hardtail MTB then stick some road tyres on it for commuting. I haven't been overly interested in bikes for some years so lost touch with whats good/whats not.

Not moving for another 9-12 months so I do have the time to build one up instead of buying complete, if necessary

Suggestions please, budget around a grand :)

ben doodar
26-07-15, 06:19 PM
For road use I'd recommend a road bike or a hybrid city bike sort of thing.

I wouldn't recommend a mtb for road use only.

What is it what makes you not want a road bike other than the stigma of being a road biker lol.

Ive borrowed my step dads road bike a few times n keept an average speed of around 20 mph on the flat. Defiantly more fun than they look.

mk1nova_rich
26-07-15, 06:27 PM
For road use I'd recommend a road bike or a hybrid city bike sort of thing.

I wouldn't recommend a mtb for road use only.

What is it what makes you not want a road bike other than the stigma of being a road biker lol.

Ive borrowed my step dads road bike a few times n keept an average speed of around 20 mph on the flat. Defiantly more fun than they look.

To be fair if i did get myself another decent MTB I would use it off road as well, just not very often.

But yes partly cos of the stigma lol road bikes just look way too serious

Andy
26-07-15, 06:46 PM
Road bikes are popular than ever in our part of the world now rich.
If there werent so much pond scum dangerous cunts on the roads id have one.but i refuse to look like im wearing an all in one condom

mk1nova_rich
26-07-15, 06:56 PM
lol I know what you mean

Novasport
26-07-15, 10:09 PM
Lad at work is well into his bikes and he has a nice one for commuting. It is a BMC Alpenchallenge and it is a great bit of kit. His has a cambelt type drivebelt with gears in the rear hub. The bike weighs sod all too.
Evans Cycles stock them...

http://www.evanscycles.com/categories/bikes/hybrid-bikes/f/bmc#!

mk1nova_rich
27-07-15, 06:03 AM
Will have a look, cheers