PDA

View Full Version : mk1 electric windows loom and motors

stockcar123
21-07-15, 10:15 AM
Hi I'm selling an mk1 nova electric windows loom complete with motors and mk1 switches can be shipped £100

HouseAtreides
22-07-15, 09:08 PM
This a bummer finding your thread. I thought I had lost my original MkII e/w loom, so bought another one off someone on here, only to discover two days later that it was in my lock-up all along :tard:. Now, after some research, I realise that the MkI and MkII e/w window loom switch plugs are different - one having 4 terminals, the other 5.

Sorry to land an electrical question on you here, but do you know whether the MkII loom plug can be used on MkI switches? If they can't, I might just need to purchase this off you if it has the original switch plugs still attached.

Best,
Tony

stockcar123
23-07-15, 01:03 PM
I don't think the mk2 loom can be used on the mk1 switches

HouseAtreides
23-07-15, 03:26 PM
I'll need to post a thread in the electrical section to see if someone can tell me for definite, as obviously I don't want to spend 120 on a kit for the sake of the loom, only to discover that I can in fact use the loom I have.

Let me get back to once I find out, and if it turns out that I need a mkI loom, I'll take it off your hands.

stockcar123
23-07-15, 03:34 PM
Ok mate no worrys

stockcar123
23-07-15, 04:31 PM
Ok mate no worrys

HouseAtreides
24-07-15, 04:18 PM
Seems I should be fine using a MkII loom on the MkI switches ... the difference in the no. of terminals being a matter of providing light to the MkII switches.

Cheers,
T