PDA

View Full Version : Dartford Crossing Alert - calling all billing attendees mainly overseas.

NovalutionGSi
20-07-15, 09:38 PM
Message forwarded by Ian Coomber VBOA Chairman:

Ian Virco of the Manta Club reports as follows:
"An issue has come to light reguarding our foriegn guest travelling to Billing. None of the guests of the Manta Club were aware of the new online charging system for the Dartford Crossing, just assumimg that the absense of barriers ment the toll had been abolished.

If you fail to pay the Dartford crossing charge there is a fine of £105... BOTH WAYS !!! ( Dick Turpin never demanded this much & he used a gun !)

I know there was a group of Corsa A ( Nova ) drivers from Germany possible with JOV, though I am sure there were many more foriegn visitors to the show.

Can an e-mail be circulated asking the VBOA Clubs to check that their foriegn guest have not fallen foul of this latest money making scheme ( Don't tell anyone about charging online then fine everyone )"
Regards Ian

Just thought I would let you guys know.

Novasport
20-07-15, 09:44 PM
Just emailed Steve(Duick). He will forward it on.

Stuart
20-07-15, 10:14 PM
I saw the mail, but sadly as it was about three days after billing its already too late for many :(

think most of the Dutch guys came via harwich so got away with it :)

Novasport
20-07-15, 10:20 PM
How will they enforce it though?

Stuart
20-07-15, 10:22 PM
No idea, since the dvla and Europe aren't linked, which is handy for using euro limits in imperial lol

millworm
21-07-15, 12:41 AM
I got a letter through from an unrelated crossing and as it's still in the cross over period then they'll let you off with 2.50 even if youve missed it

millworm
21-07-15, 12:41 AM
I'll take a pic of the cover letter tomorrow

duick
21-07-15, 07:34 AM
I know there was a group of Corsa A ( Nova ) drivers from Germany possible with JOV, though I am sure there were many more foreign visitors to the show.

no, we were at PNG.

We wondered already why we hadn't to pay the fee anymore. Silly system change!!!
Well, as long as they don't send the letter with the fine over here, it's ok. :d

Mike
21-07-15, 07:25 PM
I guess the big light up electric sign that tells you to pay via website wasnt noticed by people then lol

Benn
21-07-15, 11:38 PM
I guess the big light up electric sign that tells you to pay via website wasnt noticed by people then lol

Get rid of the sign and they could take a pound off the toll....

duick
22-07-15, 08:33 AM

Signs, do I have to read them ALL while driving? How shall I do that, while eating, drinking, phoning, texting and smoking while driving??? http://www.opel-corsa-a.com/rofl.gifhttp://www.opel-corsa-a.com/rofl.gifhttp://www.opel-corsa-a.com/rofl.gif

mowgli
22-07-15, 02:57 PM
surely you could get the couple of illegal immigrants hidden in the tyre well to chip in for the bridge toll....... lol