PDA

View Full Version : spraying a nova.

novaload123
20-09-03, 09:30 AM
i dont know much about prices for re-sprays or what you gets done needs taking off etc. if someone cud put some info or links to sites tellign you about it wud be a good help

ade
20-09-03, 11:07 AM
what exactly do you want doing?

prices for body shops range dramatically depending on the work, where you live, the state of the rust/repairs/repr before the spraying and what paint you wanna use.

IMO you pay what you get - unless you happen to know people in the industry.

Depending on the age of your car and if all you want is a new fresh lick of paint you'll probably need to remove all exterior trim - or do a good job of masking it off (once the paints been prepped), you'll more than likely have to get the rear aches repaired or at least treated for rust or minor corrosion - then you need to prep the old paint - this usually means sanding it back to "key" it - feathering (blending till its smooth) in with repair jobs with the original paint thickness so you dont get dips or flat spots, then you'll need to mask off all windows and trim (unless removed - most people depending on the job just mask but I prefer struipping car down to shell) - then you prime it, allow to dry, flat back using speckle paint to get totally smooth finish (this just means spraying car with a fine mist of paint thats different to the cars primer colour - usually black - to produce a speckle effect - then you snad back until all the speckles are gone using fine 800-100 grit wet n dry (dry) - this produces a very fine smooth surface - then you degrease/tack off the surface and spray the top coat. Depending on the paint used (celly as to 2pak) you may want to apply a lacquer coat to the top coat - this is a good idea of a really deep glossy coat and shine.

Depending on the condition of the car - expect to pay anywhere between ?150 (if you know someone) to ?2k+ for a full spray job.

Or do it yourself - I did - loads of fun - if youre into that sort of thing :D

Ade

novaload123
20-09-03, 12:31 PM
i just want it spraying dark blue nothing fancy.

ade
21-09-03, 01:58 PM
got any pics - rust etc - if yer arches are ok - and you want full external respray - expect about ?200-?500

If you want internal sprayed to martch - expect ?800+ - unless you strip everything out inc dash and get them to come and collect it - prob about ?500-?800?

Depends where you go...