PDA

View Full Version : Quaife shifter

Clinton86
23-06-15, 07:27 PM
I'm wanting to run c20let engine and f28 gearbox with quaife shifter and Harry hockley rods and linkages is anyone using this set up looking for pictures and info on set up thanks :)

therealnovaboy
23-06-15, 08:54 PM
just fitted one to my f13. pig to fit, pig to set up, and will probably need solid engine mounts. apart from that the gear change is ok but is very close between 1-3 2-4 across the gate so its a lot easier to go to 1st instead of third or fifth instead of 3rd. also the throw front to back is quite long and no way in shortening it. so if you want a short shift then your better with a standard set up or corsa/cav selector.

cant comment on whether its better than standard as im still pissing about with it.
cant see how these issues will be different to an f28 if not worse

oh and you cant run a standard speedo and have to chop the rear engine mount.

Novasport
23-06-15, 09:58 PM
Cable shift is supposed to be very good. You can retrofit bits from other models like the Vectra B iirc

Clinton86
23-06-15, 10:33 PM
Thanks for you reply I've been looking at old posts but just need to speak with someone who has done this like you say it takes bit of setting up and by looks of what I'm reading the lads have manufactured there own parts to linkages to get selection right .... Did you use hockley set up

RallyMarshal
24-06-15, 11:17 AM
Cable shift is supposed to be very good. You can retrofit bits from other models like the Vectra B iirc

Vectra C - not B

Im working on a short shifter mod for using the Vectra C cable shift bits on an F20 but that will not work on an F28 as it has an internal selector and cant be changed to cable.

Paul..