PDA

View Full Version : Reliability

phunkynova
23-06-15, 06:22 PM
Hi all
I need some help and information. After replacing my NV block with a NZ block which self destructed with in less than 100Km of rallying !!, so I'm going back to the NV block which has now some hard Km's on it.
It is a total standard NV block what can I do to it to make it more reliable and refresh it, more power is not the goal but reliability is and I must stay with in 1400cc.
What can I do to it ?
Where can I get the parts?
APR bolts are know to my but last time I tried to get them for the NV I was told they do not make the in that thread pitch.

Southie
23-06-15, 09:23 PM
These guys are worth contacting and should give you decent options, I know the link says 1.2 and 1.3 but they'll give you decent advice:
http://www.allittmotorsport.co.uk/nova1300.html

mowgli
23-06-15, 09:29 PM
wouldn't a c14se be a better donor? obviously an f13 box is needed...

or even an x14xe bottom end with an 8v head on it?

i think its more than likely that age has got the last engine.

and as for reliability, new oil pump, check/regrind the crank, new shells, clean out the block, breathers etc... basically a total rebuild.

Andy
23-06-15, 09:37 PM
totally strip clean and measure.Make sure everything is within tolerance still.Balanced crank,pistons and rods.New rings bearing shells and arp's.Decent oil is key.
Oh and while allit motorsport may only list bits for 12/1300 he can get hold of everything and can advise best parts etc.Decent bloke to deal with,iv just ordered some more stuff off him today actually.

phunkynova
24-06-15, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the advise :thumb:, I will contact Allit Motorsport.
mowgli I'm using a NV block because it's the one I have spare here.

mowgli
24-06-15, 07:02 PM
ok. nv block will be ok, I was thinking the c14se pistons might be better comp. what pistons are you using? are they stock 1400,c14se or other ones?

as Andy said, get everything cleaned & measured. new oil pump gear & relief spring, clean the oilways everywhere... it can only help make it last longer. as for rod bolts.. Arrow Precision might be worth a look too

phunkynova
24-06-15, 07:18 PM
At the moment the NV block is total standard. I would like to use APR blots on the conrods if I can get them in right tread pitch.

mowgli
25-06-15, 12:04 PM
there appear to be 3 different types of bolt.. I think its thread measuring time..

the 2865514 no. is the earlier 1.3 type
the 90409987 no. is the later c14se & small xe type

http://ecat24.com/opel/catalog/part/1/15/194/2154/20381/