PDA

View Full Version : E16SE Starting Issues

Keif
16-06-15, 03:23 PM
After a bit of help.

As most of you know I have a standard GSi with a E16SE engine. However it's not been used for a couple of years. We've decided to try and get it to Billing. So it needs MOTing.

No problem i'll sort it, get the tyres changed and off we go. However....

It wouldn't start. So I got some fresh fuel and started it up. It wasn't 100% happy but after a bit of playing it sat ticking over.

However it started mis-firing and cut out. Now it won't start at all.

I've changed the Spark Plugs (NGK BPR6E), HT leads, Coil/Amplifier and done an oil change.

So where do I go next?

:confused:

mowgli
16-06-15, 09:29 PM
make sure the efi pump is actually pumping.
change the fuel filter.

Southie
16-06-15, 10:13 PM
Sorry off topic but can you send bazzap8389 a picture of your standard gear knob, he's wanting to know what a standard gsi one looks like Keif.

meritlover
16-06-15, 10:26 PM
So does it spark?

Southie
16-06-15, 10:39 PM
Definatley put the plug leads back in the right order?

NovalutionGSi
17-06-15, 10:15 AM
had a similar issue with mine after a 5-6 year rebuild! 1st issue I had was 1 Injector had failed and one was slightly weak so changed them but also had a issue where the Fuel line had got a small hole in at the pump where the jubilee clip was, this was letting Air in and causing a miss fire as well because of Air in the fuel.

I'd make that a point to look at as well.

Keif
19-06-15, 04:53 PM
make sure the efi pump is actually pumping.
change the fuel filter.
I've changed the Fuel Pump relay and the plug smell of fuel. Fuel Filter was changed last time it was used (about 2.5 years ago)

Sorry off topic but can you send bazzap8389 a picture of your standard gear knob, he's wanting to know what a standard gsi one looks like Keif.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i124/Keif_1974/Cars/NovaGSi/Shoot/005.jpg

So does it spark?
Yes, checked I have park.

Definatley put the plug leads back in the right order?
Yep, Swapped them over one by one with the old Dizzy cap, and double checked they're in the correct firing order.

Keif
22-06-15, 02:10 PM
How can I check the fuel pump works?

I have 12v to it (Voltmeter across the wires when turning the engine over)

meritlover
22-06-15, 06:40 PM
Measure the pressure?