PDA

View Full Version : Conversion info help

hotrodnova
05-06-15, 09:13 AM
Hi Guys,

I apologise as this has probably been covered hundreds of times before but there is so much on the net and i've tried nearly everything, with no luck still.

I have a nova track hotrod, which is having he 2.0 8v big block fitted with an f16 gearbox.
I have been told to run cavalier mk2 1.6 inner shafts whih fit the f16 box, but i was told these would fit the original nova shafts. However, they dont. Can anyone help? I have an f13 gearbox too but obviously the clutch is different, so how would i mate this to the 2.0 big block as that would solve my issues with regards to drive shafts.

Any help is much appreciated.

Scottcooper85
05-06-15, 09:34 AM
You can either buy conversion shafts and hubs from somewhere like lmf and run 2.0 inner and outer cv's or the cav inner cv's will fit if their the right ones but only with the 22 splined nova shafts you find on some gte's and I think gsi's too.

hotrodnova
05-06-15, 09:49 AM
I have the 22 spline inners from a cav, brought them new from local car spares place. I looked on the web and I was under the illusion all novas had the same shafts. Or, did they all have the same outer ends for the hub?

Benn
05-06-15, 10:58 AM
Nova gte and gsi had the 22 spline shafts.

Id go convo shafts to save time messing about.

Iain
05-06-15, 11:53 AM
If you can find some 22 spliners then it's much less faffing about doing that, when you consider conversion hubs, new bearings, etc.

hotrodnova
06-06-15, 11:57 AM
I think I may have come across a nova gte complete setup so fingers crossed these shafts are the ones. they look thicker than all the others so guessing they're OEM ones

Iain
06-06-15, 12:05 PM
They have different shaped inner CV (boots goes on thinner part) and usually a weight bolted onto the long one

Fat Louie
06-06-15, 01:09 PM
Right got the nova gte shafts with 22 splines. Now, the cavalier inner joints I've been given are wrong. They have 25. So, now to set to finding the correct inners

hotrodnova
06-06-15, 01:12 PM
Sorry that was me posting on my old account God knows how that happened.

Right got the nova gte shafts with 22 splines. Now, the cavalier inner joints I've been given are wrong. They have 25. So, now to set to finding the correct inners

Benn
06-06-15, 03:06 PM
That happens alot! I'v thought alot of them trying to find the right ones.