PDA

View Full Version : Equal Length Driveshaft Configuration

HouseAtreides
14-05-15, 08:48 AM
Just to clarify, is it the short (31cm) shaft in the equal length set-up that gets fitted to the n/s of the gearbox?

Cheers,
Tony

HouseAtreides
17-05-15, 11:52 AM
41 views - nobody ever fitted these before?

Nick J
17-05-15, 12:48 PM
The equal length setup eg... Dummy shaft and custom made short shaft replace the long shaft usually used on the o/s. N/s retains the short shaft usually used on that side.

Nick.

turbo-boy
17-05-15, 02:30 PM
when you say equal lenght in fact the shafts arnt the o/s shaft is still bigger then the n/s shaft but the difference it makes is unbelievable, i think i have pics in my project thread of both shafts side by side

HouseAtreides
17-05-15, 04:29 PM
The equal length setup eg... Dummy shaft and custom made short shaft replace the long shaft usually used on the o/s. N/s retains the short shaft usually used on that side.

Nick.

So, just for absolute clarity's sake, the shorter of the two equal, albeit not identically equal, length shafts measuring 31cm, (as opposed to the longer of the two equal shafts - and obviously not the intermediary shaft - measuring approx 42cm) goes on the n/s. Correct? And, therefore, the longer of the two equal length shafts goes on the o/s alongside the intermediary shaft.

HouseAtreides
17-05-15, 04:30 PM
when you say equal lenght in fact the shafts arnt the o/s shaft is still bigger then the n/s shaft but the difference it makes is unbelievable, i think i have pics in my project thread of both shafts side by side

Some pictures would probably help, which I'll have a look for in your build-thread, though I think I now know which goes where thanks lol.

Nick J
17-05-15, 07:27 PM
So, just for absolute clarity's sake, the shorter of the two equal, albeit not identically equal, length shafts measuring 31cm, (as opposed to the longer of the two equal shafts - and obviously not the intermediary shaft - measuring approx 42cm) goes on the n/s. Correct? And, therefore, the longer of the two equal length shafts goes on the o/s alongside the intermediary shaft.

I can't recall measurements as it was a good few years back I added this setup to a nova turbo however I'm pretty sure the above is correct. For what they cost which isn't a lot their a huge step towards making the car a little more driveable!

Nick.

HouseAtreides
17-05-15, 08:54 PM
I can't recall measurements as it was a good few years back I added this setup to a nova turbo however I'm pretty sure the above is correct. For what they cost which isn't a lot their a huge step towards making the car a little more driveable!

Nick.

I've actually got the full set-up and had them put together with the new outer CVs and n/s inner CV and boots etc.; it was just that I wasn't sure whether the person who put them together for me has done it correctly - I told him that I thought that the shorter of the two (which is exactly 31cm - I have measured them) shafts go on the n/s and the longer 42cm equal shaft goes on the o/s alongside the intermediary shaft, but he didn't think that was right, and so by the sounds of things he has done it the wrong way around. It is not a problem, however, as they are relatively easy enough to pop back out and switched around, as I haven't fitted them yet.

Thanks again :thumb: