PDA

View Full Version : Plastic bumpers

rixter09
13-05-15, 10:58 AM
Ive finally got a nova saloon (would post pictures but not allowed yet), The bumpers are really tired looking and instead of having to back to black them every few months i was considering spraying them for a permanent finish.

Is there a certain method or type of paint needed to paint them? Or just ordinary spray paint?

Any help is appreciated, Cheers :)

Will F
14-05-15, 08:08 AM
There is - but I cant remember the name of it! Chris used in on his silver mark one and it looked factory finish... have a look in the projects section!

Benn
14-05-15, 01:15 PM
Upol make a grey primer (iirc that it's a primer, might just be a paint.) that is perfect colour for them. It is a 98% match for there standard finish.

You'll wanna clean and scotch them off very well, and use a plastic primer with an adhesion promoter in it.

rixter09
14-05-15, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the replys, I will get on with ordering some stuff and hopefully will come out alright. Thanks :)

torquey
14-05-15, 06:51 PM
Try heat gunning them first it brings them back then treat with autoglym or similar bumper gel.

rixter09
17-05-15, 02:32 PM
I will have a go with the heat gun and if that doesn't work I will have to spray them, thanks again

millworm
17-05-15, 11:45 PM
I you've been using lots of chemicals in them they need a very very good clean and degrease before paint

Jack
18-05-15, 12:54 PM
Peanut butter also works well, Ade used it a few years ago iirc lol

Iain
18-05-15, 01:18 PM
Heatgun is pretty good I would agree, paint can be an improvement but if rattle canned expect it to get battered by stonechips

rixter09
19-05-15, 08:02 AM
I know what you mean with stonechips, wouldnt take much to make it look crap again, I will tackle it with a heat gun and see how it turns out.

With regards to peanut butter, i dont think i could waste it on bumpers lol