PDA

View Full Version : Under bonnet sound proofing

eggy
06-05-15, 07:52 PM
What's people's thoughts on the sound proofing that's fitted to the bonnet. I've got to take mine off when it goes off for paint and I'm in to minds weather to refit it when it comes back to the rebuild.

It's in pretty good condition but just can't decide if it's worth the ago of sourcing new clips for it. Does it really make much difference to the noise reduction ?? It's always been in the back of my mind that it's a bit of a fire risk

Jsmes

millworm
06-05-15, 09:48 PM
My was never that loud without it, my 1.6 is loud though but that's probably to do with the t40s

Jack
07-05-15, 12:44 PM
On a side note, my GT4 has underbonnet cladding as standard. I've removed it, and opened the bonnet vent. The engine is certainly not what I'd call 'loud', even with a hole in the bonnet right above the turbo, and thats a 3SGTE engine. So I can't imagine you'll have any problems with noise!

I would say its only going to be a fire hazard if it was damaged, although I'm not sure what Nova ones are made out of. I'd be concerned about it possibly trapping water and rusting the bonnet/slam panel though.

Clips shouldn't be too hard to find, you should be able to use any old things if you're not worried about 100% originality.

Benn
07-05-15, 03:11 PM
You wont noise the voice difference. You can still by the clips from Vauxhall. Well I did about 3 years ago.

craig green
09-05-15, 03:36 PM
It's fire retardant. It's not for sound proofing.