PDA

View Full Version : Registration doc needed for MOT

marc69
30-04-15, 08:15 PM
I went to MOT my Austin mini which has been off the road for about 5 years. I got a call tonight to tell me that it is not on the system and they need the registration documents. It's not a hassle apart from delays the test by a day but is this now the case if a car is sorned f
or a few years?

staggy_gsi
30-04-15, 08:27 PM
Ive never had to request the registration docs before. I have come across a couple of vehicles which werent on the system but I just created a new entry as it were, using the reg and chassis number and approx date of first use. Been a while mind, so things could have changed.

Southie
30-04-15, 10:29 PM
Probably best contacting the dvla, with your mini being of a pre tax exempt car it may need more than a internet search to be honest.

marc69
01-05-15, 05:54 PM
Turns out the tester had been putting the chassis number in wrong lol. Mot'd and driven 30 mile round trip today, it drove brilliantly!

bazzap8389
01-05-15, 07:25 PM
Haha silly **** lol tried to pm you the other day clear your inbox Andrew!

staggy_gsi
01-05-15, 07:54 PM
lol when you enter it wrong, if its only one or two digits wrong, the system brings up close matches to help you see if you've done it wrong. He must either be stupid or just entered it completely wrong. In which case he's still stupid lol

marc69
02-05-15, 11:15 AM
Inbox cleared, sorry!