PDA

View Full Version : Nova Gearstick gaiters, brand new, I have for sale.

littlefields
27-04-15, 11:06 PM
Hi all. A quick message to say I have some nova gear gaiters for sale. Brand new. I will try to upload some pictures of them soon, to show the quality £35 posted via recorded delivery. contact me on 07899 045 046. or message me. Thanks. Dan:thumb:

dgbnova#1
27-04-15, 11:52 PM
Well hello mr dan how are you !!

littlefields
29-04-15, 06:39 AM
Hi mate, Hope your well. im very new to this forum lark. Lots of bits on here though I hope I can please a few people with these gaiters. feedback would be appreciated from buyers to show others the quality. Thanks all

Tommy_nova
29-04-15, 07:32 AM
Gm part yea ?

littlefields
29-04-15, 10:45 PM
Well, the story goes, I had a genuine new gaiter as part of the stock that I have. At billing in 2013, I sold all the 2nd hand gaiters like hot cakes. I decided to send off the genuine new one to use as a pattern to make some more gaiters. I was quoted a price which I didnt haggle with as I wanted top quality gaiters. When they sent the samples through I was amazed at how they have reproduced everything and I mean everything The mass production in my mind is even better as the mold wears in and produces better products. So in answer to your question, I could honestly sell them as genuine as they have all numbers etc. They must have used a 3d scanner or something, but having lots available someone will smell a rat. So they are remanufactured from an original. I cannot tell with them side by side between reman and original. Hopefully you can see pics of my mass produced ones on ebay. if you search for nova gaiters. I cannot figure out how to get pics on here if anyone can help, that would be great. It's cost me 5 figures to have these made! a big gamble for anyone. Hope this helps regards. Dan.
P.s. I also have other nova bits for sale. I will try and list on another single thread soon. I must also point out that im a repairer/ painter during the day so replying to a message may take some time.

Jack
29-04-15, 11:29 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/uhIAAOSwstxU70bD/$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/lY8AAOSwBLlVQU-S/$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/5bcAAOSwv0tVQU-T/$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/sfsAAOSwqu9VQU-V/$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/lc0AAOSwstxVQU-X/$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/llcAAOSwBLlVQU-Z/$_57.JPG

Stuart
30-04-15, 08:14 AM
Dan, you can put ebay links in, part of the sponsor perk

toosh69
30-04-15, 02:00 PM
Hi Dan,

Can you send me a link to purchase one of the gaiters please.

Thanks,

Paul.

littlefields
30-04-15, 10:29 PM
Hi Stuart Hopefully the link is below. item number is the number beginning with 1717. my user name is littleields_body_repair
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171762851166?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

littlefields
30-04-15, 10:31 PM
Hi paul and stuart
Ive replied with your request but it has to go through modertor first
regards
Dan

cossienova
01-05-15, 06:04 AM
Great item fair play to you for getting them re made. Iv got them in my watch list and will be buying 2 come payday.

toosh69
01-05-15, 07:01 AM
Hi Dan,

The link worked and I bought one this morning.

Thanks,

Paul.

novamadman
01-05-15, 10:26 PM
Great item. just purchased one through ebay. Fair play on taking a gamble hope it pays off for you. Please keep us updated of any more items

littlefields
02-05-15, 11:06 PM
Thanks guys for all your positive comments It would be good to get feedback from the people who have bought to the people who are interested so I can recoupe the cost of manufacture. I will then have other parts remanufactured, prices have already been given for some. Parts Ive enquired about are. sr/gte front grilles, sr and gte front badges. remanufacture or the rubstrips in yellow blue red and grey in one continuous extrusion. 3 spoke centre caps. 3dr seat hinge covers outer in varying colours. boot badges. parcel shelf straps, pedal rubbers including accelerator, handbrake cable guides, g-n chassis Some parts are rare and expensive but I have to consider how many I will realistically sell. By this I mean I dont want to remanufacture 1000 radio blanks as there are only a market for 50 max. The gear gaiters are a good start because every nova has them so a good market exists. Any other parts which you could think of would be great

Iain
03-05-15, 07:46 AM
The black plastic seat runner cover things always tend to break but not sure how many you'd shift. Fair play for sorting stuff like this wish I had a nova shifter so I could buy a gator!

littlefields
03-05-15, 09:37 AM
Nice one. I will add to this thats also something thats on all novas and hard to remove in one piece

dgbnova#1
03-05-15, 10:23 AM
Interior roof handles would be good as you know almost impossible to remove

andyredtop83
03-05-15, 10:41 AM
I bought one of the gaiters a few weeks back but only got round to opening it this morning. Very impressed with the quality, I cant tell the difference between it and an original GM one! I shall be ordering another one soon for my novavan as well.

millworm
03-05-15, 11:00 AM
Interior roof handles would be good as you know almost impossible to remove

dont forget the little pins

DaveMarshall
03-05-15, 12:40 PM
The only parts I ever get asked for all the time is hatch roof gutter trims, most other parts are either available used or can still be purchased with a bit of searching. I'm amazed that you spent 5 figures £10000+ ? Having gear gaitors re-made when there are already companies out there selling non genuine gaitors for just over £20 delivered anyway.

Dave.

littlefields
03-05-15, 10:39 PM
Hi Guys. Thanks for positive feedback. I do have some grab handles that are second hand and good Its the pins that people struggle with as they are irretrievable once they' ve been pushed out. the gm ones I bought were of a clear kind of grey colour and no good for restorations and perfectionists.
As far as gaitors for £20 posted, I couldnt find any unless your thinking of the universal fit type ones which I found.
Gutter trims are another good suggestion. postage would be high due to have a good strong tube to post. but worthwhile for a few extra quid. I may have to start listing stuff that I have in stock. I had made some sport dash and turret stickers made up, as well as unleaded window stickers and some genuine ignition yellow stickers which are just sitting in the loft. found some on ebay for £27! Id only be asking a fiver per set posted. I can't understand the prices some people do want for stuff

cossienova
03-05-15, 10:58 PM
Fair play to you for getting these rare parts re made, I'd be interested in most of the parts you have listed if u get them re made.

DaveMarshall
03-05-15, 11:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/DaveMarshall/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/977771EA-90B5-4945-896E-1F1D49337C74.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/DaveMarshall/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/977771EA-90B5-4945-896E-1F1D49337C74.png.html)

littlefields
04-05-15, 10:30 PM
Hi Dave. fair play to for people being able to get them at that price. I cannot say that the quality will be as good or worse than mine, It would be unfair to say. But im would think the company deals with many other types of gaitor. A buisness primarily followed by quality. Im just out to make the highest quality products for enthusiasts who demand such quality and make a cup of tea money on top.

Tim Harpley
01-06-15, 06:21 PM
Gearstick gaiter arrived from ebay along with some sport stickers, the quality of the gaiter is excellent and identical to a genuine one, nice and flexible with a good thickness to the material, stickers are great as well, thanks for some great products Dan. :thumb: :thumb:

scott.parker
02-06-15, 07:30 AM
Things I think everyone would be interested in is definitely, a very very high end/exact match reproduction of the early brown/grey pillar / boot vynals, and early stick on brown /grey rub strip mouldings cut to shape etc, definitely gutter trims, you could make a good profit on, and to be fair I think it's a good idea that someone is thinking of the future, this has been going on in the ford lot for ages.
Early plough bumper add on for below £100+ would sell extremely well, as some are really taking the piss with prices of them!
Re producing the seat covering for early plaid check sr, and Drayton sports seats has been talked about before, but never done.
I wish you all the best with this mate, and even though I don't need one I may buy a gaiter to try help you produce new products! :thumb:

littlefields
09-06-15, 11:27 PM
Thanks people for positive feedback about the gaiters etc. people who saw them at pvs were equally impressed with the quality. They are not a budget item. Many new parts for me to think of getting reproduced . Thanks to all for imput See you at billing. Im selling Friday saturday and sunday.

littlefields
16-04-16, 11:17 AM
Hi all
Gear gaiters are now £29 posted to uk only or through g.s.p.. I will be up at billing this year (2016)offering them for £25(saving on postage etc) They will not be going any lower unless you get lucky with the 99p auction which I also have listed on ebay. Check my feedback on the quality of these items before you buy...Happy show season. regards Dan