PDA

View Full Version : Anti roll bars

Wazza30
16-04-15, 09:15 AM
Hi guys/girls just a quick question was thinking of fitting a front and rear anti roll bar to my let nova would it make much difference? Also any one else use them or not bother?

Thanks

Andy
16-04-15, 09:41 AM
I look forward to the responses lol
Zomg the world will explode if you dont has one!!!111

I prefer without personally.

Iain
16-04-15, 09:55 AM
I prefer my XE with. The only disadvantage is makes working on the front end mildly more annoying.

Stuart
16-04-15, 10:32 AM
Rear 100% yes
Front 50/50.... your call. Its easy to fit/remove so try it.
I prefer no front ARB

Wazza30
16-04-15, 10:36 AM
I have no anti roll bars at all the front I have never had since I have owned a let! I am guessing the rear arb I need is off the gte?

Edd
16-04-15, 10:36 AM
Mmmmm

paul james
16-04-15, 12:48 PM
The rear beam has a lot of flex in it without an anti roll bar. With the beam off the car you can see it easily.

Benn
16-04-15, 01:07 PM
Fit a front one. Drive it... See if you like it.

Rear one deffo.

Dar
16-04-15, 06:33 PM
I run a rear one. I don't run a front one anymore but did before I put harder springs on.

Balley
16-04-15, 09:35 PM
100% Rear, I used a Cav one. Really helped and felt more stable.

andyredtop83
16-04-15, 10:04 PM
Ive just fitted one to my xe and i think it handles better with it fitted. It is the thicker 22mm one with polybushes.
Lots of models had rear arb's fitted but the GTE/GSi one is thicker. I think the later SRi's and TD's might have had the thicker one as well.
If you do fit a front one on your LET you will need lowering blocks otherwise it hits the exhaust manifold, i got some off the bay.

Alan lig
16-04-15, 11:25 PM
Defo need a rear one,I have 2 fitted to the beam std one and cav one

Wazza30
17-04-15, 03:18 PM
Ive just fitted one to my xe and i think it handles better with it fitted. It is the thicker 22mm one with polybushes.
Lots of models had rear arb's fitted but the GTE/GSi one is thicker. I think the later SRi's and TD's might have had the thicker one as well.
If you do fit a front one on your LET you will need lowering blocks otherwise it hits the exhaust manifold, i got some off the bay.

I got the front lowering blocks already but no anti roll bars at all. Because mine is a merit with the original axle still in it anyone got any ideas what rear anti roll bar will slot straight in?

Will need front a rear ARB better start a wanted thread :eek:

mk1nova_rich
17-04-15, 03:24 PM
Any Nova rear ARB will slot straight in, but the GTE/GSi version is thicker. Use a poly bush instead of the standard rubber

You may also be interested in reading through this:
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?185728-HOW-TO-Fit-a-secondary-rear-ARB-on-a-Nova-beam

Wazza30
17-04-15, 03:56 PM
Any Nova rear ARB will slot straight in, but the GTE/GSi version is thicker. Use a poly bush instead of the standard rubber

You may also be interested in reading through this:
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?185728-HOW-TO-Fit-a-secondary-rear-ARB-on-a-Nova-beam

Cheers bud I am on the hunt for a rear one now but the other one that is in the thread I wont do just yet but will get all the parts as just had the axle powder coated :wtf: