PDA

View Full Version : Nova Trend 1.2 (engine probs)

novaload123
18-09-03, 06:17 PM
hi go easy on me.

ive just turned 17 and just got my hands on a nova trend 1.2. it needs new brake pads/shoes which i can do but the problem i have is the engine.

its a 1.2 OHC engine and when i looked there was petrol covering the outside of the block. i think it might be the gasket but not sure. please help me on this one with what it might be and how much it will cost :wink: (it all rests on you clever ppl :P )

frog_southampton
18-09-03, 06:19 PM
give it a good clean up get new rocker cover gasket (i think)
give that a go

novaload123
18-09-03, 06:25 PM
cheers for the fast reply. how much cash will a new rocker cover and gasket cost. as im a cheap student :P and dont have cash to be giving out everywhere. :D

Novas.5u.com-Chris
18-09-03, 07:19 PM
a rocker cover gasket cost a couple of quid and u dont need a rocker cover. does it smell like petrol???? If it was a petrol leak you'd know about it, it would stink of petrol!
It most likley to be the rocker cover gasket. Remove the big black air box and remove the bolts that hold the rocker cover on (OHC usually written on it.) remove the rocker cover and the old gasket. Clean up the cam housing and the rocker cover then fit the gasket and refit the bolts. Dont go mad tightening the bolts as its only a cork gasket and u will knack it and make it leak again!!

novaload123
18-09-03, 07:38 PM
good lad :P
i cud only think of gasket
so thats made me happy. a free car and now a solved problem

its not petrol its oil (thick black sh*t) so gasket it is :)

burgo
18-09-03, 07:39 PM
wot no1 has sed is that it is most probs not petrol and most probs oil simple way to check is the smell and if it is black or not if its black it ent fuel is it

novaload123
18-09-03, 08:38 PM
thanks for youe help. time to get working for me.

my first car = Nova trend 1.2 price = ?0

wohooo gonna cost about ?100 to get it up and going. so not bad. when i got it all going wot do u think my first buy should be, K+N filter,30mm lowered sus, redo seats,new alloys, or a respray. also how much do full resprays cost?