PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.3 Engine, Tilt angle

tothemark
10-04-15, 03:59 PM
Moving a 1.3 SR rally evolved engine into another car and therefore there will be new engine mounts to be welded in. As its got the irmscher inlet and twin 45's i want to make sure that my float levels work effectively in its current form without mucking around with the face of the inlet manifold..

As the nova had the engine tilted slightly to wards the exhaust manifold side, does anyone know by how much ? Then I can take this into account when i set up my engine mounts.

Thanks in advance.

TTM

Jonesfach
10-04-15, 05:24 PM
Moving a 1.3 SR rally evolved engine into another car and therefore there will be new engine mounts to be welded in. As its got the irmscher inlet and twin 45's i want to make sure that my float levels work effectively in its current form without mucking around with the face of the inlet manifold..

As the nova had the engine tilted slightly to wards the exhaust manifold side, does anyone know by how much ? Then I can take this into account when i set up my engine mounts.

Thanks in advance.

TTM

mine is set to just pass the heater outlet hose, with the k&ns, if you are running those. The 45s are slightly larger than 40s so your tilt needs to be just a touch more.
What filters are you going too be running?

tothemark
10-04-15, 05:56 PM
mine is set to just pass the heater outlet hose, with the k&ns, if you are running those. The 45s are slightly larger than 40s so your tilt needs to be just a touch more.
What filters are you going too be running?

K & N box 100mm. I have no issues with clearance in the vehicle its going into tho.

But I dont have a datum point to work from as i am Novaless, funnily enough i have a m8 who has an inclometer so we were going to use that if we know the angle of tilt, anyone got a protactor left over from school ? lol

Royston
11-04-15, 07:13 AM
The engine leans slightly forward, (exhaust side) would guess at @ 5 degrees, in my sport

45's sound large for a 1.3, 40's are capable of running engines up to 2 litres.

Is the engine a very high spec?

I would probably set the engine to set the carbs horizontal on the manifold

mk1nova_rich
11-04-15, 07:28 AM
7 degrees seems to ring a bell

Walshysr
11-04-15, 11:58 AM
Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm looking at putting twin 40s on my mk1 Sr I have bought a complete set up manifold inc do I have to alter the angle of the engine or will it be ok on its original mounts?

mk1nova_rich
11-04-15, 02:17 PM
Will be fine on standard mounts

Jonesfach
11-04-15, 02:34 PM
Will be fine on standard mounts

this.

But just watch the clearance on your heater matrix pipes, dependant on what filters you intend running.

if too tight to the pipe it will rub the pipe away and have a leaky pipe..

Walshysr
11-04-15, 02:50 PM
Thanks guys much appreciated