PDA

View Full Version : Are heater controls necessary for VRT/MOT?

ShawnAzzopardi
06-04-15, 01:07 PM
Are they necessary in order to pass the test, or can I just tear them out (as the fan burned) and put my gauges instead of the controls?

BRoadGhost
06-04-15, 02:38 PM
Even in warm weather, if it rains a heater / blower's important to stop you misting up on the inside; why anyone would want to get rid (even on a track use car) is beyond me for the few kilos saved.

And then there's winter. Ahhhh winter.

To answer your question: no.

ShawnAzzopardi
06-04-15, 06:54 PM
Even in warm weather, if it rains a heater / blower's important to stop you misting up on the inside; why anyone would want to get rid (even on a track use car) is beyond me for the few kilos saved.

And then there's winter. Ahhhh winter.

To answer your question: no.
Summer or winter, windows are always down. I'm not too bothered with the cold over here, the lowest it goes is about 5C or so. Rarely does it ever go lower.

House
06-04-15, 07:55 PM
I would at-least keep some sort of blower for demisting as Mr Ghost says even on a track car having a bit of air blowing on the screen is a good thing!!

That or you'll need a heated screen!! I toyed with the idea of ditching the blower but decided it needed to stay cos shivering while driving is rubbish!!!

meritlover
06-04-15, 08:22 PM
i drive naked so i couldnt do without my heater. :(

Stuart
06-04-15, 08:26 PM
Will your test let the car through with no hvac controls?

meritlover
06-04-15, 09:01 PM
Will your test let the car through with no hvac controls?

is that not what he asked?

Stuart
06-04-15, 09:11 PM
Well for the mot you can pass without them.... But in other countries (I assume this chap is somewhere in Europe as he says it only goes to 5deg in winter) you might need the controls.

how are we to know what the test needs

marc69
06-04-15, 09:36 PM
I ran a track car which came with no heater/ matrix as there was no dash etc. I ran it with no issues, but after the first winter and numb toes I put it all in.