PDA

View Full Version : OHH NOO Jeds back

Jedro
02-04-15, 09:00 AM
HELLO AGAIN!!
...haha haven't been on here for quite some time...
it logged me out and i completely forgot my log on :tard: duuurr, just took a guess and hey-ho.

anyways, hows people doing, few more familiar names and faces i see...

got myself a new pb in the corsa v6 the other week, some of you will already know the car if your a pod regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiyhnHNtE3c&feature=youtu.be

12.44 at 110mph, all motor with treads, with one of my worst 60fts, im in the process of fitting the new helix clutch as we speak so hopefully get a bit more off that...

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w370/JedDixon88/01%20mordurearend_zpsew0c2ecj.jpg

Benn
02-04-15, 12:47 PM
Welcome back.

Think i've seen your thread on Mig.

Jedro
02-04-15, 07:05 PM
cheers, yeah, it hasn't been on there for long... just about to update it now, clutch is on :)

Southie
02-04-15, 07:22 PM
Are you running this at totb this year?

Jedro
02-04-15, 07:24 PM
no mate, iv not bothered making it 'road legal' just a toy so to speak

Southie
02-04-15, 07:27 PM
no mate, iv not bothered making it 'road legal' just a toy so to speak
Just trailer it there, doesn't need to be road legal does it?

Jedro
02-04-15, 07:32 PM
ah it gets trailered everywhere anyway.
as for road legal, i thought it had too?
got no rear brakes (other than h.brake), shell is far from road legal, no wipers, no lights (but brake lights)...

Jedro
02-04-15, 07:38 PM
...ether way, not too fussed, im not really a competitive type of guy tbh, i just like going fast :P

Southie
02-04-15, 07:51 PM
...ether way, not too fussed, im not really a competitive type of guy tbh, i just like going fast :P
Then get at least some back brakes, if it fails on the fronts your in the shīt.

Jedro
02-04-15, 08:11 PM
it doesn't need them for its purpose, theres plenty others doing it too

Southie
02-04-15, 08:18 PM
it doesn't need them for its purpose, theres plenty others doing it too
Doesn't mean it's good... Let's follow a crowd and one day someone will crash badly, hopefully not yourself mind!

More power up front needs some bias at the rear surely?

Jedro
02-04-15, 08:26 PM
not really mate, and heaven forbid anything like that happens, but the rear brakes would only be working about 5%, if that, whereas the fronts are doing 95% or more of the work...
iv kept the little block bit so if one side fails the others still working, and tbf, the run off road is more than long enough

im not picking names in specific here but i believe Richard Batty with the 8second fwd mitsubishi FTO is also only running fronts (parachute is recommended at 150mph terminal though)

Southie
02-04-15, 08:44 PM
For the weight that's saved, fook that IMO.

Jedro
02-04-15, 08:56 PM
haha i can see why you say that, especially the fact their only 1.2 solid discs and calipers up front haha

but seriously, it feels fine, wouldn't stop on a penny and i wouldn't use it on the road but for its purpose, its more than easy enough to slow down long long before the turn

need them to fit the 13" wheels with slicks on