PDA

View Full Version : Moist drum

Scottcooper85
23-03-15, 01:44 PM
Just packing the other car to go away quite happy with the nova and I look under her and there's a massive pool of brake fluid surrounding the back wheel. I haven't done anything but fit a coilover on that corner btw. It looks like it's coming from inside the drum itself as its dry where the pipe enters. Will it be the cylinder? Just after ordering the likely culprit so it's here for when I get home. Cheers.

Jonesfach
23-03-15, 02:04 PM
Seals gone by the sound of it.

millworm
23-03-15, 02:50 PM
Cylinder for sure mate they always leak

conza123
23-03-15, 04:02 PM
wheel cylinder seals gone as stated above all makes good practice to change the pair as there cheap anuff

mowgli
23-03-15, 07:14 PM
when you replace them, get new shoes, as the old ones will be contaminated, then strip the self[haha] adjusters, clean up the threads, and give them some copper grease.

oh & re adjust the handbrake cable, as it will be wrong after a brake swap

Scottcooper85
24-03-15, 09:42 AM
Okay cheers everyone, I'll have a go when I land back I've never done drums before but I'll get stuck in and have a go :)

Jonesfach
24-03-15, 09:44 AM
Take a pic before you start just in case you forget how something goes back.

Scottcooper85
27-03-15, 07:36 PM
Okay got home today got a set of shoes and cylinders and got one side cleaned up and fitted.

i understand about turned out the auto adjuster to set the shoes but how do I tell how much to take it out?

Cheers