PDA

View Full Version : anyone in the stockport area????

Anonymous
15-02-01, 03:53 PM
Is there anyone around the stockport/manchester area that has a steering wheel puller?? I have tried for foooookin ages to get my steering wheel off, so that I can put my momo champion one on, but I just can't remove the old one!!!! any help or ideas would be appreciated.

cheers

John

Anonymous
15-02-01, 03:55 PM
Pull it harder you muppet :lol:
Some say side to side is better than just pulling it.

will someone buy my car :)
lee@novaload.net

Anonymous
15-02-01, 04:00 PM
Go to any Vauxhall dealer, they will do it for you.
:D

www.cruisescene.20m.com
:D

Anonymous
15-02-01, 04:03 PM
GSiboy!!! what are you talking about!!!! pulling it harder and side to side motion?!?!?!?!?! :O
lol

Anonymous
15-02-01, 04:09 PM
Don't hit it with a hammer you will shaft the colapsable part of the colum, mine split in two! You can make a puller with some long bolts or threaded bar and a bit of imagination.

Plese don't let busses pull out.

Anonymous
15-02-01, 04:14 PM
right, tie one end of abit of rope to the steering wheel. tie the other end to a door,then slam the door. oh and if you leave your steering wheel under your pillow the steering wheel fairy will give you summit.

(PS kev any chance of this usefull guide being featured on novaload - ;)

Cheers

Davo & Jessie
;)

--------------

http://www.bongoracing.co.uk/
http://www.pugtek.net/

Anonymous
15-02-01, 04:19 PM
You've always had problems when it comes to pulling it off :D LMFAO

Anonymous
15-02-01, 04:24 PM
this is slightly going away from the point of the post!!!! lets try and stay focused people!!!! <-- just kidding, that's what my boss said once, when I fell asleep at work!!!! :)

Anonymous
15-02-01, 04:43 PM
Every post is turning into the one that i started the other day with the 116+ replies...which is funny!!! It ends up someone making a funny comment, and then people reply to that, it's like chinese whispers, I whisper to someone 'elephant' and the end result is 'up the gary glitter'...what's goin on?!?!?! lmfao :p:p:p

----------------------------
[ged_bong]

Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
15-02-01, 04:49 PM
Why do you whisper elephant to people?!??! that is a very strange thing to do!!! lol :D

Anonymous
15-02-01, 07:17 PM
speaking of elephants...
www.elephant.co.uk

it gives good insurance qoutes, the cheapest I've found.

---:D---[eyes]---B-)---
kev@novaload.net (boss man!)

Anonymous
15-02-01, 07:27 PM
or in geds case, dont bother with insurance.lol

soz m8, i know you werent doing it long

Cheers

Davo & Jessie
;)

--------------

http://www.bongoracing.co.uk/
http://www.pugtek.net/

Anonymous
15-02-01, 08:08 PM
My local vaux dealer wanted ?100 to take of my staering wheel and put on a new bit that cancells ya indicators (which just slides on behind the wheel).

I am looking for a steering wheel puller 2, in the mids!

Anonymous
15-02-01, 08:31 PM
I think you can get them from halfords, not sure on price but Im sure they arent that much.

---:D---[eyes]---B-)---
kev@novaload.net (boss man!)

Anonymous
15-02-01, 09:09 PM
lmao @ davo
doesnt matter how long he still did it

X-( I'm mean and i don't care :D
Ian@novaload.net

Anonymous
15-02-01, 09:45 PM
yeah i think u can get them from Halfords, i live in Macclesfield and i'm sure iv'e seen them i need one aswell. Remember DO not take the nut in the centre of the column off compleatly when pulling the wheel as you may loose some teeth
Well thats what Jason Hudson told me at the PNG anyway
Good Luck

Anonymous
15-02-01, 11:15 PM
Use a centre punch and hammer in the indent in the centre of the shaft, whilst pullin hard with your knees. Trust me it works, I`ve done it more times than Lee has begged for somebody to buy his car! :D :X

Anonymous
16-02-01, 12:04 AM
about a 10er from halfords this tool e-mail me for precise details

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
16-02-01, 01:38 AM
I've not seen 'em ay Halfords, but I got one from a general spares place, come tyre shop.
It was ?8.60, and is the brand name "Laser".

Why is it, that ONLY Vauxhall and Opel have these stupid hard to get off wheels?

Anonymous
16-02-01, 09:02 AM
I'll check it out.
nova-run, if I manage to get one I'll let you know!