PDA

View Full Version : Is It time?

Gazza14SR
18-09-03, 05:46 AM
Today i received my new front and rear bumper. Ive also had a set of side skirts which i am going to be fitting while i fit the new front and rear bumper.

I would like your comments on weather i should colour code them with the car flame red, or spray them gloss black so they stand out a little more?

The alloys i have are also dark, so which do you think would go best with these? all red or black?

cheers[/list]

Mark
18-09-03, 07:43 AM
RED

Dare-devil
18-09-03, 08:00 AM
What bumper's and skirts is it.??

If GTE/GSI then black, if others red. :wink:

Gazza14SR
18-09-03, 11:54 AM
fusion rear, m3 skirts, gsi front...

Wiggie
18-09-03, 02:04 PM
deffo red

wigz

finlay
18-09-03, 03:40 PM
yer go red mate!

Dare-devil
18-09-03, 04:49 PM
Go for RED m8. :wink:

Gazza14SR
18-09-03, 07:35 PM
ummm, guess thats sorted that,

just in case if anyones intrested, the fusion rear bumper fixings are good, just 4 bolts - 2 in the back, 1 in either side and fits nice and snugg with the rest of the car.

Get some pics uploaded 2moro,

My m3 skirts are a bugger to fit, they seem to be too heavy to bond on, and they didnt come with no fixings...

epo
18-09-03, 09:44 PM
is there no holes 2 drill and tap em mate also ur car will look mint with them on just get a propper flamer kit :lol:

Gazza14SR
18-09-03, 11:03 PM
is there no holes 2 drill and tap em :

holes to drill and tap where?

the skirts have no fixings with them at all, bit puzzled how to fit'em really

?Marty?
20-09-03, 01:59 AM
just in case if anyones intrested, the fusion rear bumper fixings are good, just 4 bolts - 2 in the back, 1 in either side and fits nice and snugg with the rest of the car...

Pitty mine wasn't! It all LOOKED like a straight swap, but actually needed a lot of cutting/reshaping to fit, and it still isn't a perfect fit. Though no one has commented on it, so i guess it could just be me never being happy. lol

Do like that bumper tho.

Gazza14SR
20-09-03, 03:13 AM
the only problem i have with it, is that it sags down ever so slightly along the back where the tailgate closes.

Guess i got a lucky one out off the bunch marty! didnt need no cutting whatsoever, nor reshaping.

I agree, think it is nice.

ade
22-09-03, 06:31 PM
post some pics - reinforce the "sag" with a strip of wood or similar resined on...

Gazza14SR
22-09-03, 08:11 PM
at the minute the rear bumper is primed but as it started to rain i havent put another coat on yet, its been sat in the shed for afew days now, will i need to primer it again or will it be ok to start putting the colour spray on it.

I would post some pics but my cars in the garage at the minute having rear arches sorted and engine transplant.

After i removed my rear bumper the backend was quite rotten, so im having this repaired too.

Should be done in afew days.

epo
22-09-03, 09:13 PM
wot engine u puttin in mate?

Jim
22-09-03, 11:13 PM
at the minute the rear bumper is primed but as it started to rain i havent put another coat on yet, its been sat in the shed for afew days now, will i need to primer it again or will it be ok to start putting the colour spray on it.

Depends if any moisture has gotten underneath the primer. Its usually best to do a bit too much prep work than not enough.

Jim

Gazza14SR
22-09-03, 11:22 PM
same as before but with a standard carb, not the 40s.