jason3249
10-03-15, 08:03 PM
Hi all I'm new to this forum I want to start a new project

Iv got a 03 plate Vauxhall Astra g 1.8 bertone convertible

Its a good car low mileage etc

And after some fun

A friend has offed z20let conversion to me very cheap

He said he will just cut the car in half and bring it over

Just wondering I know thay go in a Astra g but what about the convertible I'm just checking

I'm more worried about the wiring loom

I'm sure some one said you just unplug the old engine loom from the fuse box and plug the let engine in can't be as easy as that can it

Is it hard to do I get half of the z20let car so all the parts are all there etc

Just that loom whats getting me

I would like to do it as its cheap fun and gives me some think to do after work get away from the wife lol

Iv got my main car so not in a rush

Any info would be great

Thanks all

DaveMarshall
10-03-15, 08:31 PM
You'll need to fit the engine loom and the whole engine bay loom which meets at the bulkhead with a 100mm bolt, 1.8 cars need an extra fuel line as well.

Dave.

jason3249
10-03-15, 08:35 PM
Thanks mate will the extra fuel line be on the other half of the car the z20let is coming in or will I have to have it made or can I buy it..

Does it go in as easy as that etc what about the turbo bits like intercooler etc..

:)

DaveMarshall
10-03-15, 08:53 PM
Easiest way is to swap the tank and lines from the donor car, rest of it is fairly simple if you are a competent mechanic.

Dave.

jason3249
10-03-15, 08:57 PM
I can do it just worried im going to need loads of parts or it Dont fit etc

Get on he's case want all the car lol

Is there anything else I need to do or buy...

Thanks for the info mate

jason3249
10-03-15, 08:58 PM
Its the wiring what's bugging me but if its unplug and plug new one back in makes me feel better ;)

Edit will my exhaust still fit as its a stanless all the way through...

jason3249
10-03-15, 09:45 PM
The tank has been cut to dean the fuel out and the car has all ready been cut in half ready he did say last week only had the time to look in to it

Can I buy this extra fuel line

And do I Deffo need a fuel tank

Where does this extra fuel line go does it come from the tank to the engine or is it in the engine bay

meritlover
10-03-15, 10:07 PM
Where does this extra fuel line go does it come from the tank to the engine or is it in the engine bay

Yes

DaveMarshall
10-03-15, 10:09 PM
It's the return fuel line as a 1.8 doesn't have one.

Dave.

jason3249
10-03-15, 10:29 PM
Thanks all :)

jason3249
12-03-15, 11:54 AM
Do I have to change the dash loom engine will be here tomorrow

DaveMarshall
13-03-15, 07:00 AM
Most people say you do but when you look the dash loom up on epc it lists many engines for the same loom. I think as long as the car the engine is being fitted to is after 2001 then you probably don't need to change it.

Dave.