PDA

View Full Version : life sucks the big one

dave.gsi
17-09-03, 11:31 PM
car failed the mot today and i've got the dentist on monday for a filling :roll:

burgo
17-09-03, 11:42 PM
if that is all the probs u got ya lucky m8

Mark
17-09-03, 11:43 PM
What did it fail on??

hotdogs_r_us
17-09-03, 11:50 PM
What did it fail on??

Ditto :roll:

dave.gsi
18-09-03, 12:06 AM
oh and i forgot i got jabbed with a fork (used) in work. it broke the skin and bled. by the way i work in a hospital with ppl who have all kinds of lovely diseases/infections. maybe time for a tetanus too :roll:

as for the car lol what didn't it fail on.......(of the top of my head cos fail sheet is back at my house)

needs welding to both inner arches near the suspention turrets (front), both outer sills (how can he see this with gsi skirts?), and rear floor near petrol tank (both sides i think).

rear number plate bulb, reverse light and fog light.

centre exhaust mount not there

two front tyres (tracking is well off)

headlight allignment (left too high right too low lol)

cv boot both sides

front wheel bearing has excessive play and was deemed dangerous!

front bucket seat loose (slight rock back and forth)

no rear selt belt clips (where harness are attached)

rear brake drum not working

on a good note he said the engine was one of the best he'd seen :wink:

Ben
18-09-03, 12:11 AM
About ?100 worth of work with parts.

Nothing to worry about.

Aragorn
18-09-03, 12:14 AM
how the fuck can he fail u for no rear seatbelt clips when theres no fucking rear seats

arsehole

rest of the stuff is fair enough - the bulbs u shouldve checked before u went tho :|

and most places will sort the headlights for you

Alex
18-09-03, 12:14 AM
/\ just what i was going to say. welding may be a bitch, depending on how bad it is

dave.gsi
18-09-03, 12:19 AM
seat are back in now just forgot to put the clips in :lol:

the garage quoted me wait for it ?280 for the welding of the wings and rear floor plus ?60 per side for the sills.................'those skirts will have to come off mate it all adds to the labour charge'.

then he proceeded to tell me how much of a job it is to remove the air filter/air flow meter and trunking to the throttle body so he could get his welder in. what a fuck tit!

as for the bulbs i knew they didn't work but couldn't be assed doing it cos i knew it would fail anyway (any1 actually had a nova that passed first time??)

Mark
18-09-03, 12:22 AM
Yep, the Black Gte I'm selling went straight threw first time and the tester's normally an ass!

Phil_G
18-09-03, 12:22 AM
lol..

mine has...

last two years running.... :D

Phil

Alex
18-09-03, 12:23 AM
LOL two different places told me that my car needed around ?300 worth of welding to fix it, which excluded stripping out the carpet and removing my alarm which they also thought necessary. i did it for ?10 in an hour in total, leaving my alarm in place and not removing the carpet. (i should have moved the carpet though, as my car was set on fire for about 20secs :lol: )

dave.gsi
18-09-03, 12:28 AM
lol @ taking the alarm out wtf??

i think i might have to learn welding at some point. should have done it when i was at uni but was too busy skiving and watching bargain hunt.

any1 know where to start......books or websites etc

Alex
18-09-03, 12:36 AM
fuck learning. get yourself a welder (or a mate with one) and pick it up as you go :lol: . its what i did and i managed it (after a few fires :roll: )

Ben
18-09-03, 12:39 AM
Just take your time and prep it properly and you will be fine.

dave.gsi
18-09-03, 12:45 AM
i honestly wouldn't know where to start. they do different types of welders for a start. mig/tig gas etc all kinds of shit i have no clue about. prep work, welding wires, different metals where the fook do you start?

dave.gsi
18-09-03, 12:47 AM
oh, and if i got a welder it would also mean i'd need an angle grinder and those things scare me sh!tless lol

Alex
18-09-03, 01:01 AM
i enjoy mig welding its the easiest and lightest type. Ive tried tig welding and its not too hard.

p.s. Angle grinders are fun :twisted:

Gazza14SR
18-09-03, 01:16 AM
what sort of welding needed doing on the floor?

my tracking is a mile out, went to get it done at the local garage and my track rod ends are seized, keep spraying'em with wd40 each day to try and loosen'em up abit

dave.gsi
18-09-03, 01:18 AM
about an inch and a half square on both sides

DazK
18-09-03, 01:22 AM
i honestly wouldn't know where to start. they do different types of welders for a start. mig/tig gas etc all kinds of s**t i have no clue about. prep work, welding wires, different metals where the fook do you start?

Mig welding book (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2432724622&category=30928#ebayphotohosting)

Mig welder (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2347266437&category=632#ebayphotohosting) cheap! :)

Alex
18-09-03, 01:26 AM
ain't that cheap, a mate bought a mig welder for ?25 from a car boot. still in mint condition.

DazK
18-09-03, 01:27 AM
:o 25?

im off down the car boot then :lol:

?Marty?
18-09-03, 01:39 AM
life sucks the big one....i've got the dentist on monday for a filling :roll:

pussy

DazK
18-09-03, 01:42 AM
:lol: blunt and to the point .....its Marty!

like ur style :wink: :lol:

burgo
18-09-03, 02:27 AM
lol@ bein scared of grinders there gr8 fun and the hardest thing about welding is gettin the welder set up, if u are gonna start get ya self a mig i got mine for ?100 and it more than powerful enough and make sure u get a mask as well cos arc eye is a bitch trust me lol as far as grinding goes ive got a cheap bosch grinder and had no probs but once again get some goggles otherwise u get ickle bits of metal in ya eye and it goes all bloodshot (yeah my eye is fucked) other than that give it ago its wot i did and findin it pretty easy now ive got me welder set up rite oh yeah and it helps if u can get hold of a big co2 bottle as the little ones are crap

Ian_Gsi16v
19-09-03, 02:17 PM
I just had to pay ?250 for welding for the MOT. Got quoted ?100 at first but as soon as the grinder hit the rear inner wings they crumbled :cry:

All done though now :D

Too bad im skint