PDA

View Full Version : Corsa 54 plate water leak

Jonesfach
24-02-15, 11:10 AM
My nieces Corsa has a water leak in the drivers side footwell.

we have checked the screen and everything thing that can be seen without taking things apart too much.

There is quite a lot of water and we just can't place where it is coming from

anyone had any experience or could help?

before we take the thing to bits...

thanks

Jonesfach
24-02-15, 11:20 AM
Just had a look on you tube. Seal behind the servo unit is favourite.
thanks for looking.

Iain
24-02-15, 11:29 AM
I'd put money on it being the brake servo yeah

Andy
24-02-15, 11:58 AM
Brake servo every time on them

Jonesfach
24-02-15, 01:20 PM
Thanks will be tackling it with my dad over the next few days.

millworm
24-02-15, 01:40 PM
Scrape out all of the sealant thats in there and refill it with some harder wearing stuff and that'll cure it, also check the little drains at the bottom of the bulk head are clear, they have little flaps in the engine bay with get full of leaves and cause water to come in through the cabin filter or servo

Pistol Pete
24-02-15, 01:46 PM
Yes. Servo plate. Mother in laws and a friends leaked in the same area. Had seats, carpets parts of dash out, just to fix it. Spongey sealer cracks and let's water in. Carpet underlay was ruined!!

meritlover
24-02-15, 02:16 PM
Servo/pedal box seal as said. Although the sealant looks good, it wont be. Pick it off and sikaflex it

Jonesfach
24-02-15, 02:36 PM
Yes. Servo plate. Mother in laws and a friends leaked in the same area. Had seats, carpets parts of dash out, just to fix it. Spongey sealer cracks and let's water in. Carpet underlay was ruined!!

Yes carpet ruined. Can't believe how much water it has let in like a lake in there.

my brother who is a fitter at vauxhalls in e.port, been mucking about with this for ages.....doh! :eek:

The wonders of the Internet and problem found in no time...:thumb:

meritlover
24-02-15, 02:40 PM
Its the foam underlay that does the damage. Its so fine it holds gallons of water and you have to manually squeeze it out.

meritlover
24-02-15, 02:49 PM
The wonders of the Internet and problem found in no time...:thumb:

Not for the first few people who discovered it....

staggy_gsi
24-02-15, 10:11 PM
While you're on with it, its worth removing the throttle pedal and checking for water ingress in the connectors. We've had three come in with running issues in the past which turned out to be furry connections on the pedal due to this water leak.

Andy
24-02-15, 10:14 PM
Mushroom city when theyre left for a bit too lol

Damo
26-02-15, 11:42 PM
Heater matrix common on these....