PDA

View Full Version : wanting 2 put a clock with a rev counter in my 1991 h 1.2 carb nova flare??????

jamesbray
22-02-15, 06:49 PM
Will I be able 2 just plug a new dash out of a (Sr,gsi,get etc) in my 1.2 8v 1991 flare and will it work on standard loom???? ( carb/dizzy model)

If so what dash is best 4 me????

If not what will I need 2 do????

If not what dash is best 4 me????

1 more is it possible 2 change the mileage seen as me car only has 69,000 miles

Cheers Jim

millworm
22-02-15, 06:57 PM
I assume it's a mk2 shape, if so you'll want 6 dial gsi clocks (rev,speedo,battery,oil press,fuel) or sri 4 dials with just a rev counter. you'll be able to tell mk2 clocks as they have 3 tabs sticking out of them one on top and sides. mileage changes can be done. as for the wiring you may find you have the rev counter wire behind the current clock set already, if not you''ll want to run a wire from the neg side of the coil to the spade connector on the back of the clocks. and if you get gsi clocks you'll also have to fit an oil pressure sender where the sensor is on the oil pump and run a wire accordingly.

marc69
22-02-15, 07:29 PM
In mk2s the rev counter is in the connections already so for example a sri (just adding the rev counter) is a straight swap, plug n play.

For the gsi including oil pressure gauge you will need to buy an oil pressure gauge sender (can be expensibe) and the wiring is in the by the oil pressure sender (blue and yellow perhaps..?) and the wire is behind the dash display to connect this, a spade connection.

The cheapest and easiest is the Sri but the Gsi ones look better.

jamesbray
22-02-15, 09:10 PM
Cheers this is great I will look 4 1 now:-)

jamesbray
22-02-15, 10:08 PM
Just put an offer in for a Sr dash out of a 1991 model cheers