PDA

View Full Version : Project 2ltr 8v update... Think ill give up :(

Neil.
17-09-03, 06:09 PM
At last my car is back, my little baby, all blue and purple, with bling bling wheels.
Everything is spot on, looks mint, few floors with it that only i can really see if u look VERY closely!
Overall finish is great. Only cost ?820 in the end.
Went to the place i brought my wheels from as their having my car on the website to show other customers what they look like, they took pics and i posted em on here whilest in the shop :P
Pics below, enjoy! (I AM :d)

http://www.stuffing.freeserve.co.uk/car/0CAR.jpg
http://www.stuffing.freeserve.co.uk/car/0CAR1.jpg
http://www.stuffing.freeserve.co.uk/car/0CAR2.jpg

Gazza14SR
17-09-03, 06:13 PM
class mate!

Ben
17-09-03, 06:14 PM
Looks like a good finish..

Mark
17-09-03, 06:15 PM
Very nice NOva, well worth the wait!!

Barn
17-09-03, 06:20 PM
being completly honest the wheels aren't my cuppa but thats prob just coz their so different?

good effort mate :wink: now get out showing it off to everyone instead of posting on here, u post/pic schlag u, lol

Stuart
17-09-03, 06:20 PM
Ahem. is that a set of pics of you?? didnt think so. move them!

looks nice, not my taste but hey

Neil.
17-09-03, 06:24 PM
cheers, got alloys coz there different, if i had money id also like a pair of normal 17's, just thought id be different!

Ben
17-09-03, 06:28 PM
I personally dont think the colour of the alloys compliments the coulor of the car, but its your car not mine. (i would also have had the window tints matching each other but again its your car)

Neil.
17-09-03, 06:32 PM
not done the fronts yet.

Fester
17-09-03, 06:56 PM
thats a crazy colour! top effort!

Dpnova
17-09-03, 09:14 PM
Very nice!!!

Neil.
17-09-03, 09:50 PM
cheers.

dave.gsi
17-09-03, 11:20 PM
love the colour

love the wheels

but put them together and i'm not 100%

maybe when its finished properly it will come together. suggestions............purple grill is overkill do silver or black. tint the front windows to hide the grey seats then an interior makeover before taking the tints off lol

Anton
17-09-03, 11:31 PM
awesome

gavman462
17-09-03, 11:33 PM
lovely car, different and stands out, but in a good way!

peester
17-09-03, 11:36 PM
bling bling indeed mate. top job.

?Marty?
18-09-03, 02:08 AM
Very nice paintwork mate!

Tho i agree with a few others - wheels and paint very nice, but not together. The wheels look 'washed out' compared to the car. Though that's just from looking at pictures (could just be because of the light and etc), things like that look quite different in 'real life'.

Suggestions:

- don't have purple mesh in the front grille (I'm sure Dave.GSi meant the mesh rather than the grille itself). To ott.

- keep the tints on (and do the front to match) to hide the grey interior.

- get a single wiper (i know you said you dont like 'em, but two looks poo).

- get a seat splitter on ya bumper.

- paint/powdercoat the wheels anthracite. ( :lol: )

Bet you're well pleased though, especially after all that wait!

Oh and if they're using your car as advertising for the business, say you epect royalties/freebies/commission on every set of wheels sold as a result. lol

Gazza14SR
18-09-03, 02:20 AM

Oh and if they're using your car as advertising for the business, say you epect royalties/freebies/commission on every set of wheels sold as a result. lol

exactly what i was thinking!

Neil.
18-09-03, 07:14 AM
yeah they said that, asked if it'd be ok if i went on stand at shows etc as they're thinking of starting to do them. cheers for ur comments,
The grill - the guy sprayed it anyway, i didnt knwo till i saw it, think i'll change it for silvers mesh, i do agree about the wheels, id like some different ones, prob anthracite or summit, but on a different set of wheels, i'd sell these ones.
I'd did want it to be a bit 'oooh look at that nova, not seen one like that b4' think ive done it, so im happy, i know it's not to everyones taste.
I think the pics do make it look different then 'in real life' Colour seems realy pastely/light on those pics.

Off to Alton Towers 2day(7am:o) so look out for me on motorway if anyone is on!

Dare-devil
18-09-03, 08:23 AM
Awesome colour m8.
Love it, and love the wheels. :+:

Keep up the good work :wink:

wisewood
18-09-03, 10:00 AM
I like it Neil > cars come a log way since i first saw it in Maccy D car park this time last year.

Gonna have to meet up sometime and have a look at it in person, coz its bound to look different.

I have actually seen one styled like that before - but obviously not everyone spends as much as you did on their alloy wheels...

one more thing, where did yuo go for the wheels and the paintwork?
coz the missus is after a paint job on hers. (pm it if you want)

krobinson
18-09-03, 11:17 AM
I like it.. i like it alot..

It really stands out, make sure and keep it clean and polished as much a possible to keep that gorgeous shine!!

Change the mesh to black, or back to standard slats, seat splitter and your laughing... Wheel colour i'm not so sure of, but i recon i could be convinced if i seen it in the flesh...

Keith

NovaNeil
18-09-03, 12:29 PM
Looks fantastic! Very different, but could do with being lower at the back! Or fill it up full of I.C.E That would do the job :wink:

jkhilton
18-09-03, 12:41 PM
The car looks amazing mate. I reckon the wheels would suit it if they were just a shade darker than what they are. Is there some way of doing this? maybe with some kind of dark laquer, but not so much as to lose the purpleness of the wheels.

Ste_Nova
18-09-03, 12:54 PM
someone has left the drivers handle on!!

it looks like a 4x4

jkhilton
18-09-03, 12:58 PM
I was gonna say something about the drivers door handle, but I figured he must've decided it was easier/cheaper than sorting door releases etc

CP
18-09-03, 01:15 PM
Good effort m8 - I like the colour of the wheels with the paintwork - most others would go gold or anthracite -keep it as it is and stay with your first instincts :D

RobIsGrt18
18-09-03, 08:35 PM
like the colour, but as has bin said, not to keen on the wheels!! long as ya happy tho :) !!

Tilly
18-09-03, 09:02 PM
Looks good well worth the wait

epo
18-09-03, 10:04 PM
wheels r mint my favourite part of the car not that the rest dont look gud cos it does 2 me u gunna take it 2 the donny cruise?

1st saw them wheels at kroozin live on a sunny gti r and looked mint there 2!

Neil.
22-01-04, 01:06 AM
1 snapped bolt stuck in engine block, engine mounts that dont fitt proppely, 1 snapped arm of alternator brakets, no drive shafts, and its taking ages, cant see a end to the probs.... :(

crazychris1234
22-01-04, 01:15 AM
Impressive! nice one mate i like it looks sweet

Dave
22-01-04, 10:12 AM
neil did you get them to re-spray the engine bay or is it still red?
if it was mine only a couple of things i'd do to it to change it slightly but you must be well chuffed!
only got the interior left to sort now :lol:

Ste_Nova
22-01-04, 10:20 AM
1 snapped bolt stuck in engine block, engine mounts that dont fitt proppely, 1 snapped arm of alternator brakets, no drive shafts, and its taking ages, cant see a end to the probs.... :(

why didn't you get all parts before you started?????

Neil.
22-01-04, 06:47 PM
white nova, my interior is done, alll fully changed, lok in my features on Other novas under 'Neil Davison's'

XZiBiT
23-01-04, 06:31 AM
looks ermm ??? sweet no thas not the right word no i fcukin like it is that a pug spoiler ??

Mark
23-01-04, 06:46 AM
I have to admit that Neil's car looks even better 'in the flesh' so to speak. :D

Neil.
23-01-04, 11:49 PM
its a preditor spoiler, alot of ppl have said it looks better in the flesh, even better when this engine is finsihed on wednesday :D !

mikeoxford
24-01-04, 12:33 PM
why didn't you get all parts before you started?????

place where neil was promised driveshafts has been saying tomorow, tomorow tomorow for about a week running.

and the day after and the day after came and still no driveshafts.

as for engine mounts. modified nova ones just wouldnt work in neils car.

cossvaux ones were still a struggle.

engine block / gearbox is in. he just needs driveshafts :|