PDA

View Full Version : C20let nova erratic idle and cuts out on clutch in

sjb6268
21-02-15, 07:47 PM
Hi all, been a while since I posted on here not an awful has been done to the car recently
in the nicer weather yesterday I was under the car (with it running) checking the joins on the exhaust for leaks and the fuel pump etc and while under there, my mate turned up at mine and yanked the throttle cable revving the car right up to red line (i believe to try and scare me) and held it there for a moment before letting it go, and afterwards the engine just wouldn't idle right and occasionally hunts, now when driving it down the shops as I normally do (just to make sure nothing seizes honest) it was incredibly sluggish, and the turbo seems to whine more and with more noise coming from the dump valve,
I'm completely lost on this one, anyone had anything similar or any ideas what it could be as don't want to take it to a garage and to make a quick quid they it's this this this and this oh wait 2 of these as well when it's a just sensor I need. If you can help thanks very much, any ideas are appreciated as I have no clue on these engines :( I'm more at home on ancient carbed engines :)

sjb6268
22-02-15, 09:50 AM
Well just started it up this morning to have another look, and it started ok, then after about 15 started spluttering, then sounded like it was missing for a bit and after that would rev up to about 4000 and hold it there and repeat the splutter, miss and rev process a few times :/ now I'm really lost, thought it might be the idle control valve but I dont know

torquey
22-02-15, 01:51 PM
Could be anything. Check afm ,plugs, leads ect. Also check for vac/boost leaks. Have you got eml light wired in?

sjb6268
22-02-15, 02:06 PM
Yeh lights wired in but has constantly been on was told it is a dodgy sensor but was nothing worry about and get it to a "tuner" when possible but am probably going to take it to one tomorrow and make it someone else's problem, it's just a shame because once it's driving its okish just a bit sluggish (compared to what used to be) but I'm thinking could be teething problems as I've only just started driving it (my only car that runs and drives out at least it was)