PDA

View Full Version : Re-locating fuel filler cap! (djp y2k?)

locky
17-09-03, 05:59 PM
Where do usually relocat the caps 2? i know djp y2k has relocated it, but im not sure where 2!
I also cant find a post by him 2 PM him :oops:
Cheers!
Locky!

Anton
17-09-03, 06:00 PM
inside door, just under the lock catch

or put your rear light on a hinge and have it behind there

dave.gsi
17-09-03, 11:50 PM
or through a perspex rear window

or on the roof. pretty much where you want

finlay
17-09-03, 11:53 PM
havent seen one behind the light on a nova seen it on an astra any one got a pic?

Mark
17-09-03, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I wanna see a pic of it behind the light!!

?Marty?
18-09-03, 04:16 AM
Yeah, I wanna see a pic of it behind the light!!

But you wouldn't see it then? he he

djp_y2k
18-09-03, 07:24 PM
Hello

Mine is where my old rear right light was. Just behind the boot lid.

Unless u are going to get rid of ur lights it wouldnt work.

I really like it on the pillar inside the door, but its been done a fair few times now.

Ben
18-09-03, 07:46 PM
its an awkward one for you as you have 5 doors it narrows the door closures....

Nout sure what to suggest.

locky
18-09-03, 09:21 PM
Well the idea was the rear wheel arch, but when the 16's go on im sure itll hit it! especially with passengers! i think il have 2 run a hose 2 the front door :?
I got the filler neck and cap, il be using 1 from a bedford rascal as its small!
thanx 4 all the ideas! More welcome!

Cjscooby
01-10-03, 11:03 PM
My Mate moved it in the door shut an when he was fillin up one day the old bill come flyin in the fillin station with light an siren goin an pulled up behind him cause the Blonde behind the counter had rang them tellin them there was a lad covering the interior of his car in petrol :rofl:

Cj

?Marty?
02-10-03, 12:32 AM
she must have been blonde, since you can switch the ptrol thingy off from behind the desk thingy.

And it wouldn't BE a stupid thing to think that, since it's not exactly a normal thing to do, having the fule filler there.

Also, i dont like them relocated in the door shut, its a pain in the arse having to have your door wide open so you can get the fuel thingy in there to fill up. Would be funny if your fuel gauge stopped working too, and you overfilled it.

burgo
02-10-03, 03:34 AM
u cant over fill the pumps turn of wen the fuel touches the end of the nozle

Jules
02-10-03, 09:50 AM
she must have been blonde, since you can switch the ptrol thingy off from behind the desk thingy.

And it wouldn't BE a stupid thing to think that, since it's not exactly a normal thing to do, having the fule filler there.

Also, i dont like them relocated in the door shut, its a pain in the arse having to have your door wide open so you can get the fuel thingy in there to fill up. Would be funny if your fuel gauge stopped working too, and you overfilled it.

It'd also take a forest of magic trees (See what I've done there?...) to get rid of the petrol smell from the interior of your car everytime you fill up.
"Yeah pump number 3 and a dozen Vanillaroma magic trees please"
:roll:

locky
02-10-03, 07:43 PM
"Yeah pump number 3 and a dozen Vanillaroma magic trees please"
:roll:

Hahaha lmfao! well by the looks of things its gonna b behind the front door catch!

pickle
02-10-03, 07:56 PM
how do u put hinges on the rear light, i mean when u have hinges on the door, how would it keep it shut? a pad lock........................ by the way, im taking the piss.

Tazzy
02-10-03, 09:52 PM
didnt someone have a fuel tank made up to fit in the spare wheel well of their nova?

it looked mint, a chrome fuel tank, but theyd have to open the boot and poor it in!

pickle
02-10-03, 10:11 PM
yeah the nova that had the petrol tank in the whee well is owned by Brett Warburton, its that sart as fuck stripped out green monster

Phil GTE
03-10-03, 12:03 AM
colin smith had a couple...............